Gibson Brands Forums

European Rock Concert

DanvillRob

On a related note, the California Museum in Sacramento has an exhibit of classic rock posters. I haven't seen it yet but will. It looks interesting.

I was recently judging (dogs) and as a gift, the show chair gave me four original Avalon Ballroom handbills. She told me she had 40 of them! I'm sure she gave he her "crappy" ones, but I'm grateful to have them! They are originals! I used to get the Fillmore hand bills each week in the mail, and I tossed 'em....UGH!

AvalonHandBills.jpg?t=1288979681

Maybe.

But I do think that that there's only going to be more and more of "Think Floyd" and "Fab Faux"...

It'll end up being the same thing in 2525 when the L.A. Philharmonic plays Neil Young.

Oh... Zager and Evans, eh?

Here's a signed portrait of Neil Young: (the LA Philharmonic can use it for promotional purposes)

NielYoungColorized1JPG.jpg?t=1288982379

I was going through some old concert posters and ran across this one.

Anyone attend?

Beethoven.jpg?t=1288975999

Couldn't make it, I was still recovering from a bullet wound sustained from the war of 1812...

Here's a short ' Franz Liszt ' of some of the opening acts,

BACHman Turner Overdrive opened up for him, as did Danzi(G), and Giuseppe Bonno (of U-2 fame), Pleyel didn't make it as he couldn't get a Handel on things, but he did tell Tchaikovsky the news, Vivaldi was in the crowd, he had four 'Season' tickets, but in the end the promoter still went BAROQUE !!!!!!!

[thumbup][biggrin][thumbup][biggrin][thumbup] For the encore, Beethoven invited the Stones up to play "Symphony For The Devil" and Charlie Watts used Ludwig drums.....On a side note, the concert didn't start until Beetoven finished his first movement.......

Nice!

I'm working on screenprinting some posters for my band.

Screenprinting is a lot of work. It's no wonder everything is printed by machines now. I love cool prints though.

That's a copy of an original oil painting by my brother, (as is the Neil Young portrait...although Neil is actually a pencil drawing he did in 1978).

But the Beethoven is a screenprint right? It looks like one.

My brother has the original.... he sent me a copy he made for me, (it's like 24" X 18"), then he sent me a digital version, (he took a photo of the original). He painted it a few years ago.

Nothing to do with screen printing.

It really looks like a print! Super high contrast with only a few solid colors.. The gradient in the letters looks like split fountain printing.

Lol it looks like a 60s printed band poster but with Beethoven.

It would definately be a lot easier to print that than to paint it.

It really looks like a print! Super high contrast with only a few solid colors.. The gradient in the letters looks like split fountain printing.

Lol it looks like a 60s printed band poster but with Beethoven.

It would definately be a lot easier to print that than to paint it.

Since I've never seen the original, I'll have to ask my brother. My understanding is that he did it. by "did" means paint, but I can't be 100% sure.

Easier, yeah...but that would kind of defeat the purpose of creating art, no?

Archived