Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop 57 Limited Edition (ENP7MGNH3)

Adib

Hey guys, i think i may know about the pups in these. If you read the description/specs on the Epi LP Treaditional Pro, i think you'll find the answer.

Looks to me like Epi has a new upgrade pup with nickel base, USA sized bobbins, etc.

Perhaps we'll see these on more guitars.

EG

It does indeed look like you have Epis new Probucker pups....

In an effort to continually improve quality, Epiphone has introduced new features over the years like our wiring harness "Quick Connector" for unequalled reliability and ease of service, an "All-Metal Toggle Switch" to ensure years of reliable service and performance, a "Locking Tune-o-matic/Stopbar" that auto-locks the bridge and tailpiece in place with no tools needed, "Full-Size Potentiometers with 1" diameter for better throw, longer life and reliable service and proprietary "Output Jacks" that feature an improved contact shape and heavy-duty spring steel... just to name a few.

Now we are proud to announce the introduction of the Epiphone ProBucker™ pickup. Currently offered in the LP Traditional PRO (and other models coming soon), these pickups are an inspired version of Gibson's BurstBucker, featuring unevenly wound coils and Alnico-II magnets that replicate that "Patent Applied for" airy tone. You'll love the way they sound!

ProBuckers feature:

18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers: This is the same alloy used by Gibson. The use of Nickel Silver reduces the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity and provides a more transparent and crisp output.

Bobbins manufactured to Gibson specifications and dimensions: The size and shape of bobbins has great impact on tonal response. The bobbins used on these pickups duplicate the size and shape of the gold standard in the industry, Gibson humbuckers.

Elektrisola magnet wire: The same wire used by Gibson. Single build (thickness of coating on wire) high quality magnet wire manufactured to NEMA (National Electrical Manufactures Association) standards.

Pole screws and slugs: Manufactured to Gibson specifications using the same metal alloys.

Also: ProBucker pickups feature Sand cast Alnico II magnets, high quality 4 conductor lead wire and are Vacuum Wax potted to eliminate microphonics.

Sounds like the same pups.

EG

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/epiphone_probucker_top.jpg

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/epiphone_probucker_bottom.jpg

these are pics of the probucker.. they don't seen the pickups in my guitar. to tell you the truth, after these months of playing and comparing with another epi guitars, i'm pretty sure that my pickups are, indeed, gibson 57 classic/classic plus pickups. if you look back in the thread you will find pics of the pickups in detail.

but thanks for the interest =]

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/epiphone_probucker_top.jpg

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/epiphone_probucker_bottom.jpg

these are pics of the probucker.. they don't seen the pickups in my guitar. to tell you the truth, after these months of playing and comparing with another epi guitars, i'm pretty sure that my pickups are, indeed, gibson 57 classic/classic plus pickups. if you look back in the thread you will find pics of the pickups in detail.

but thanks for the interest =]

Regardless of pups, it's a smokin guitar. Enjoy.

EG

• 4 months later...

I was in Sam Ash last year and they offered me one of this epis, a fender blacktop and a G5246T Electromatic Double Jet Gretsch. It took me 10 secs to choose the goldtop. It actually has Gibson picks and the pull/push tones helped a lot. It's great for all styles, I also played with it in a bossa nova concert and it sounded great.

I also apologize for my bad English.

Saludos desde Argentina.

By the way, great solo in Vital e sua moto from the best latin american band ever.

I was in Sam Ash last year and they offered me one of this epis, a fender blacktop and a G5246T Electromatic Double Jet Gretsch. It took me 10 secs to choose the goldtop. It actually has Gibson picks and the pull/push tones helped a lot. It's great for all styles, I also played with it in a bossa nova concert and it sounded great.

I also apologize for my bad English.

Saludos desde Argentina.

By the way, great solo in Vital e sua moto from the best latin american band ever.

=]

great to hear that, it's really a nice guitar. I've found another one here in Porto Alegre (Rio Grande do Sul) and phoned a friend of my, who prontly bought it (I was pretty sure it had the 57classic/plus too).

what great guitars they're.

btw, I'm brazilian, but I do really like Argentina. Buenos Aires is such a beautiful city, went there last year and I do plan to come back soon =]

best regards =]

also, I was pretty sure that only a few would knew Vital e sua moto, glad you liked =]

----------------

one more video fellows, this one after some upgrades:

- a new bridge, this really changed the tone a lot, for better, the sustain improved a lot, and there's no more saddle buzz. like I read here, in another topic, the epi bridge is really the worst part of the guitar. It just don't justice the whole instrument. I went for a gotoh ge103b-t.

- a new nut. also, helped a lot with intonation. I went for a graptech tusq xl, pre-slotted, but it needed some adjustment (particulary in the G).

also, I do really like this solo, one of the greatest guitar solos I've ever heard. Thank you Luke! =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Letn3vd64

• 8 years later...