Gibson Brands Forums

Ordered SG Standard Bass today!

Lungimsam

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put the strings on hold. I really like the feel and the sound I'm getting from the nickel D'Addario strings that came on this SG from Gibson. The MB450H Marshall head is very receptive to strings. There really isn't a sound I can't get with this set up. The Mesa M6 Carbine head was very close to this, but I just like the MB450H better with the SG. My G&L SB-2 I traded for the SG did sound better through the Mesa. And to be honest about it, most players weather they want to admit it or not, or evan realize they do it, get a product name in their head. After so many years of seeing, hearing, and moving amps around, Marshall is my Amp of choice. To me there is a reverence to seeing a half stack or a full stack of Marshalls that screams HARD ROCK to me from the late 60's to early 70's.

Hey Lungimsam; I was able to get in almost 3 full hours of play time today. I should have mentioned it here instead of the other thread in the bass section, but have you heard about your SG order?

Hey 69 Son; It's been awhile since I handled an SG 6stringer. I can tell you my SG Std. Bass doesn't feel heavy at all. I would think the SG guitar and bass should be pretty close in weight.

Archived