Gibson Brands Forums

emoticons

pete c

how do you add your own emoticons? [confused]

Why on earth would you want to do that ??? I'm actually working on that bonfire. There are those who know how. My kitty Avitar is supposed to move, and we can't get it to move.

Help us techies.......

Bah my Friday trolling was foiled!

Although Alt F4 comes in handy if you're at work and the boss is coming over to your work area, quick close!

Or if you run into one of those nasty sites that likes to pop up window after window after window.....

i have a good emoticon with a smiley with a bong i wanted to put in the Willy thread [biggrin]

We'll get there. Where did you find the emoticon ? My gal has assembled a nice collection of them. My avitar is supposed to move, and it doesn't yet......The horror.

We'll get there. Where did you find the emoticon ? My gal has assembled a nice collection of them. My avitar is supposed to move, and it doesn't yet......The horror.

Your avatar is broken. Possibly from it being resized either by you or the forum uploader. I saved it to my destop and took a look at the properties. It has a frame count of 1. That means it is still an animated gif, but there is only one frame. So technically it is still animating, going from frame one back to frame one.

Your avatar is broken. Possibly from it being resized either by you or the forum uploader. I saved it to my destop and took a look at the properties. It has a frame count of 1. That means it is still an animated gif, but there is only one frame. So technically it is still animating, going from frame one back to frame one.

Thankyou RTH for taking the time to help me out, very kind; thanks.....[thumbup]

Thankyou RTH for taking the time to help me out, very kind; thanks.....[thumbup]

No problem. If you have the original animated gif and you need it resized, save it as an animated gif as opposed to just a gif if you have the option. You may not be able to save it as animated in certain programs. Sometimes if you just "save" instead of "save as" or "export", it will stay in its original format.

My avitar is supposed to move, and it doesn't yet......The horror.

The avatars on these boards have a size limit. Almost any animated .gif will be over the size limit & and show only the first frame, if that frame is within the size limit.

The avatars on these boards have a size limit. Almost any animated .gif will be over the size limit & and show only the first frame, if that frame is within the size limit.

Thankyou Laaz for your advice on the topic...Yup, everything in life is a learning experience; it's fun figuring the small things out.....all help is good.....[thumbup]

There are some who's avitars move...one day mine will, and my household will smile at the accomplishment.....[thumbup]

Your avatar must be no bigger than 120 pixels by 120 pixels in size.

Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 150 KB.

Try uploading your original .gif to a image hosting site & change your avatar settings to link from the host. Haven't tried it, but it may work.

Thankyou both RTH and Laaz.........Your assistance helped us above and beyond...Thankyou so much. [thumbup]

My avitar moves ! I have much to learn...Thanks, Damian.....[thumbup] ..

( ah, a happy household ). eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif B) ..

Archived