Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay has determined my worth!

Andy R

HAHAHA cool! [thumbup] you should buy yourself. show people you know.

I think it would be a really cool story to hear. [biggrin]

I would offer to autograph it for them but it would probably decrease the value!!!!

Woulda been worth more if that had been a Les Paul.....

/chuckle

Before Fernandes bought the rights to this ( and floyd rose tried to steal the patent) from Alan Hoover they were called Sustainiacs. I used to install them in a bunch of guitars around 1990. Les Pauls Included. Lots of routing (Shudder)! Put one in Nancy Wilson's guitar. That was a nerve racking day with the router!

No there will be no bidding it's a buy it now. I should though because I only have one copy of this that is all beat up after being stuck in a drawer for years. I was in another Ad for ASI Sustainiac that is even funnier than this. If I ever run across it I will post it!

Before Fernandes bought the rights to this ( and floyd rose tried to steal the patent) from Alan Hoover they were called Sustainiacs. I used to install them in a bunch of guitars around 1990. Les Pauls Included. Lots of routing (Shudder)! Put one in Nancy Wilson's guitar. That was a nerve racking day with the router!

I'll bet that was!!

[thumbup]

The thing I regret the most is when I worked for Dean Guitars I worked with Paul Chandler to build the first Dean From Hell Replica for DimeBag Darrell. I had him send me his original DFH and I took it completely apart and took every measurement and spec I could from it. I had a disposable camera and took a bunch of pics of it on my work bench but the camera was accidentally thrown away [cursing] I still got a few good pics of me and Dime out at the Namm show when I gave it to him. I can always tell which one it is in pictures because it is the only one that says "Demon Dime" on the truss rod cover.... Oh well... That was a long time ago. He was a super nice guy and a lot of fun to be around. The world is surely missing one of the few musicians that never forgot what it was like to be a fan...

Archived