Gibson Brands Forums

Edit: track now up- and fixed

Kimbabig

Oh man guys, I think I may have recorded over it, oh well it was an easy blues riff with a lead played over it and I felt it was pretty sloppy (I was excited to use it and had not warmed up first) I also can't really figure that thing out yet, and I've been so busy with the holiday festivities. My apologies for the delay.My goal is a track up this weekend.

Thanks for the encouraging words you guys, today I will be working on getting the whole track up. In a while, I hope to have a bassist and maybe I'll start doing vocals. I'd also like my next track to be fusion, but I will continue to make blues.

Sweet....Nice album title....You should release it on ' Late For Supper ' records...It reminds me of some early recordings I did.....It's amazing how good a genuine clean sound can be.

It is SO tempting to add effects....I like releasing my music under different names, but I haven't released anything in years....Except work for hire stuff...

Those digital recorders are great. Almost no hiss or noise...We want more.

Heres my honest opinion.

I thought it was alright but not great. IMO you need some work. Did like the tone though. msp_cool.gif

Don't take what I said to heart though. A lot of these other guys really liked it.

Thanks for the honest opinion, I know I'm not much of a blues musician (or a musician for that matter) I'd like to get some Jazz-Fusion tracks up with some vocals. It seems like people like my tone, who woulda thunk it. Everything was improvised on the spot and I need to get better at doing that. It would also help me to have some drums and a bassist. Thanks for having the balls to tell the truth Tman. I heard alot of mistakes in them myself.[thumbup]

Thanks for the honest opinion, I know I'm not much of a blues musician (or a musician for that matter) I'd like to get some Jazz-Fusion tracks up with some vocals. It seems like people like my tone, who woulda thunk it. Everything was improvised on the spot and I need to get better at doing that. It would also help me to have some drums and a bassist. Thanks for having the balls to tell the truth Tman. I heard alot of mistakes in them myself.[thumbup]

Your very welcome! msp_flapper.gif And thank you for not being super offended by it. Some people I would have said that to would have gotten ticked off at me. msp_lol.gif

Heres my honest opinion.

I thought it was alright but not great. IMO you need some work. Did like the tone though. msp_cool.gif

Don't take what I said to heart though. A lot of these other guys really liked it.

I thought it was better than "alright." [confused]

One thing to keep in mind when one is recording him or herself, especially when you're the only person running the tape machine or recording device, it can prove very difficult. You lose about 20% of your natural performance, because part of your focus is on the recording aspect.

Another thing, to get anything close to perfect in the studio or during recording, it takes many many takes, and numerous punches... Just listen to some Beatles studio takes, they never got anything right on the first try.... In many cases for them, it took days in the studio to get parts of vocal tracks correct...... And they had every luxury a band could have.

When I listen to peoples demo's, I listen outside of the recording aspect, and focus on the energy within the performance.

Archived