Gibson Brands Forums

The brown truck pulled up about 15 minutes ago

crust

Thank you all for the kind reply's. It's going to be a fun winter at my place. Here is a pic of my non- Epiphone guitars (sorry Epiphone). I will be getting a replacement for the "Broadway" (I sold that to an aspiring Berklee student, a friend of my youngest sons. When he saw that guitar, and I heard him play it, it was a perfect combination. He is a jazz guitarist, played in the school jazz band with my son, who plays alto and baritone sax)

I'll post more "tunes" later on this, or next week. You might like them (My youngest son friend will do the back beat in FL9). If you like hip-hop, stay tuned please B)

Here's the (electric) guitars

otherelect.jpg

What on earth is that brown hollowbody???

Were you going crazy before the big brown truck came? Is the reason you didn't post until 15 minutes after the truck arrived really because you had to let your blood pressure go down? That's how I feel right now.

Any given day, you could set your watch at 1 PM when the UPS truck goes by my house. You wouldn't be off by more than 5 minutes either way.

It's now almost 2:30 and I haven't seen the truck go past the intersection on the other side, usually 30 minutes before he gets to me.

I have to leave home at 5:15 to meet some friends for an early dinner before a concert tonight over on the University of Miami campus. I sure hope it arrives before then.

I think the lesson is, never buy a guitar for yourself and expect it on time during the holiday season.

Were you going crazy before the big brown truck came? Is the reason you didn't post until 15 minutes after the truck arrived really because you had to let your blood pressure go down? That's how I feel right now.

Any given day, you could set your watch at 1 PM when the UPS truck goes by my house. You wouldn't be off by more than 5 minutes either way.

It's now almost 2:30 and I haven't seen the truck go past the intersection on the other side, usually 30 minutes before he gets to me.

I have to leave home at 5:15 to meet some friends for an early dinner before a concert tonight over on the University of Miami campus. I sure hope it arrives before then.

I think the lesson is, never buy a guitar for yourself and expect it on time during the holiday season.

That brown (I think it is walnut) from "back in the day" It has no manufactures mark. It is a bolt on neck. The plate is stamped "Japan". heres some pics. It has a great 3D effect in the wood

One of my "original" guitars from my childhood days. I had 2 others a Kay (strat) and a Teisco (jazzmaster). This was my best guitar

jap1.jpg

jap8.jpg

jap7.jpg

jap9.jpg

If anyone knows what brand this guitar is, let me know. I have been told Kay, Teisco, Aria and Bruno. So I really don't know. Think you can help ?

Crust....nice....and the same to be said for the rest of your collection.How do like that mustang II amp...that's my next thing.

kuvash

The Mustang II amp is very cool. We have been using it to record and take clips into FL9 ("Fruity Loops 9") so my kids friends can make "music" (hip-hop) I will post something soon as an example of what we have done.

The LP and "Junior" sound great through it (actually all my guitars sound like they were meant to sound, great, which they do). The amp simulations sound really very good, quite realistic, very good job (thank you Jeff Beck for working with Fender development with the amp sims) [thumbup] . I'm looking forward to trying the larger Peavey VYpYr amps (they also have software and USB out) but are a bit more expensive than what Fender offers at this time.

Come on Epiphone. Get with it and make a spectacular modeling amp. If you made something better than Peavey, Fender and Vox (I'm looking at their "Tonelab SE" multi effects pedal with simulation software, maybe a Boss too, others), you could make something great (not a valve junior or senior with its weak reverb). Work with your competitors to produce something remarkable. You could do it. You make great guitars. Please make a great modern amp with all the features needed by todays modern guitar player.

Thanks

CasioSA-20001.jpg

juniormustangII.jpg

redandfriends001.jpg

My best student

Austinbass.jpg

Ya, I'm an old guy with a beard, so what

I like to play guitar [biggrin]

Again, hope you enjoy the pics. Help me find out what that old guitar is.

Hope you enjoyed the pics (and my rant) :unsure:

Heres something to give you a chuckle. Me, 1967

1967.jpg

Rock on

The Mustang II amp is very cool. We have been using it to record and take clips into FL9 ("Fruity Loops 9") so my kids friends can make "music" (hip-hop) I will post something soon as an example of what we have done.

The LP and "Junior" sound great through it (actually all my guitars sound like they were meant to sound, great, which they do). The amp simulations sound really very good, quite realistic, very good job (thank you Jeff Beck for working with Fender development with the amp sims) [thumbup] . I'm looking forward to trying the larger Peavey VYpYr amps (they also have software and USB out) but are a bit more expensive than what Fender offers at this time.

Come on Epiphone. Get with it and make a spectacular modeling amp. If you made something better than Peavey, Fender and Vox (I'm looking at their "Tonelab SE" multi effects pedal with simulation software, maybe a Boss too, others), you could make something great (not a valve junior or senior with its weak reverb). Work with your competitors to produce something remarkable. You could do it. You make great guitars. Please make a great modern amp with all the features needed by todays modern guitar player.

Thanks

CasioSA-20001.jpg

juniormustangII.jpg

redandfriends001.jpg

My best student

Austinbass.jpg

Ya, I'm an old guy with a beard, so what

I like to play guitar [biggrin]

Again, hope you enjoy the pics. Help me find out what that old guitar is.

Hope you enjoyed the pics (and my rant) :unsure:

Heres something to give you a chuckle. Me, 1967

1967.jpg

Rock on

Also, let me just say a little more about myself and my guitars. I have shown the electrics I presently have. I have almost as many acoustic guitars. The guitars are not that expensive. I selected them as "keepers" because of the playability and tone. Some day I will own (well maybe not) some higher grade guitars, but these work for my situation and I enjoy inexpensive guitars. If you can't play a well set up inexpensive guitar, what makes anyone think they can play an expensive one any better ? Thank you again Epiphone for allowing the "average Joe" to get a fine playing and sounding (as well as beautiful) guitar at a reasonable price.

Here are some clips of the old guitar. I used the amp and Audacity to record. Again, just a demo. I didn't have the treble/mids/bass changed/adjusted and just a few models to give you an ideas. Please forgive my poor playing. just fooling around with my new amp and old electric guitar :rolleyes:[razz][lol]

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9985404&q=hi&newref=1

Thanks....I had already narrowed my search down to a vypyr 60 and then these mustang IIs came out so I got interested, usually an Epiphone Sg or Fender JA90 through them plus or minus a few others,Thanks.

kuvash

You must be looking for a modeling amp...I have several Vox trans-tube amps...Very easy to use, great sounding, and good price points. Just a thought.

Also, let me just say a little more about myself and my guitars. I have shown the electrics I presently have. I have almost as many acoustic guitars. The guitars are not that expensive. I selected them as "keepers" because of the playability and tone. Some day I will own (well maybe not) some higher grade guitars, but these work for my situation and I enjoy inexpensive guitars. If you can't play a well set up inexpensive guitar, what makes anyone think they can play an expensive one any better ? Thank you again Epiphone for allowing the "average Joe" to get a fine playing and sounding (as well as beautiful) guitar at a reasonable price.

I agree with all you say..I love that 'walnut' guitar...There are members I know who's collections contain many expensive guitars...My collection ( I stopped counting them ) has both expensive, rare, and valuble guitars along side many 'cheapos'....You are so right that if one can't master an inexpensive guitar, a Gibson LP won't help...I pratice on 'difficult' guitars, so that when I play my Gibbies, it's smooth..And yes, thank you Epiphone for great guitars..

Happy New Guitar Day! I have had my Special since they first launched these in March (after waiting a long time for Epi to do something like this). You cannot really see any woodgrain (though if you hold it at an angle you can see the body is made of 5 or 6 pieces of wood). What is important is how it plays and I really love playing mine. I could still use a really good setup (it was not too bad out of the box, but could be a bit better).

But what I love most is the P90s. The Epi P90s sound just as good as the Gibson P90 on the Gibson DC Junior that I had as my main gigging guitar for years (before it met an unfortunate end at a party at our rehearsal space when I was not there).

Mine too has more of a mustardy yellow finish - not a banana but not quite "TV Yellow."

Lesters.png

You people are bad for me, or you make me do bad things... [biggrin]

I've been wanting something with P90's for a while now, and seeing the OP's new guitar just sort of set the bells off. It looked right and I've wanted to try one since I saw the pictures last week.

Today I went to GC for some tubes I needed and on a stand, just inside the front door as if it was waiting for me, was a yellow Special with P90's. It was love at first sight and the price tag hadn't been increased to the new price, still $299. I thought about it practically a whole minute and decided it was too good a deal to pass up. I played it for a while, not that I could hear anything over the noise in that store, but I figured, what the hell, so i brought it home.

Special.jpg

The picture looks opaque and more yellow than it is, but it's really a translucent mustard color with just the slightest wood grain showing through.

I stuck the new tubes in my Fender Pro Junior and played the P90's into it. Slight adjustment to the bridge will be needed to help the action and after that, very slight lowering of pickups, but the tones are wonderful and I know already it's going to work.

Between this and the Dot that arrived last week, there's no reason in the world to keep the Gibson LP now. Anyone wanna buy a brown faded LP Studio, low miles...?

You people are bad for me, or you make me do bad things... [biggrin]

I've been wanting something with P90's for a while now, and seeing the OP's new guitar just sort of set the bells off. It looked right and I've wanted to try one since I saw the pictures last week.

Today I went to GC for some tubes I needed and on a stand, just inside the front door as if it was waiting for me, was a yellow Special with P90's. It was love at first sight and the price tag hadn't been increased to the new price, still $299. I thought about it practically a whole minute and decided it was too good a deal to pass up. I played it for a while, not that I could hear anything over the noise in that store, but I figured, what the hell, so i brought it home.

Special.jpg

The picture looks opaque and more yellow than it is, but it's really a translucent mustard color with just the slightest wood grain showing through.

I stuck the new tubes in my Fender Pro Junior and played the P90's into it. Slight adjustment to the bridge will be needed to help the action and after that, very slight lowering of pickups, but the tones are wonderful and I know already it's going to work.

Between this and the Dot that arrived last week, there's no reason in the world to keep the Gibson LP now. Anyone wanna buy a brown faded LP Studio, low miles...?

That looks fantastic

I'm extremely happy with mine. It's a fine instrument and looks great as well. It has a easy to play neck, pickups and tone/volume controls sound fantastic and work great. I really do love my new LP.

I did a setup on mine today, but I haven't changed strings yet. I just worked on the high action and got it down very easily to where I like it. I haven't had a guitar with P90's in a long time, so this is a real treat to have come up with one so inexpensively. The last P90 guitar I had was a USA Hamer Silver Anniversary model that was about 7 times the price of this Epi. It's been a long time, but I think this sounds as good.

Archived