Gibson Brands Forums

An Unimportant Countdown

damian

All kidding aside?

I think there are some "standard" vanilla-type people who might consider anyone who continues playing music for years and years as a bit "off," perhaps "pleasant men and ladies," but a bit "off."

And... that's all of us who remain on a forum like this and all of us who play guitars year in and year out. Or piano or....

God help us all if we all thought and perceived in the same way.

I find great joy in hearing other perspectives, whether it's string choices on a guitar or perceiving a piece of music or even "politics" or "philosophy." Each of our brains are wired a bit differently. Thank heaven for that.

We're the pickers; if it costs us something, so also it gives us something. Pick on...

m

Just who IS this Damian character?

LOL!

Happy 1000th.

This is for you.

:)

p.

Thankyou Pippy !!!! Whenever there are unique and unusual questions about Gibby Les Pauls, you always know the answers..such as the exact differences in neck specs from LP model to LP model, down to the millimeter.

You know things about Gibson guitars that even Gibson itself would have a hard time tracking down.......I might need my own forum to store all these new smilies I'm collecting...

I hear that all the time.... +:-@[rolleyes][woot]

Maybe a touch of ADD/ADHD here, but for the most part I'm just naturally wired.

I even avoid caffeine.

B) [rolleyes]

Keep it up Damian![thumbup]

I hear ya Neo...Even my avitar avoids coffee, except for expresso shots.....And, but you ARE kind and humble.....The forums would be a desolute and sparse living room without

your vast knowledge and highly skilled opinions on each and every subject......Without your posts, the lounge would be a desert.....Everyone knows that a Neo thread is a river of

refreshing intellectual and philosphical water where all members flock to quench their insatiable need for the truth......I believe that the moderaters would agree........eusa_pray.gif:-k ...

Cornglatulations sir, you made it past the guards and the pitt bulls.

I suppose so Joaquin !! Life is full of guards and pitt bulls.....Though I walk through the valley of threads, I shall fear no guards and pittbulls, for I have Joaquin on my side.....

Your music is very good, always great when you post...

All kidding aside?

I think there are some "standard" vanilla-type people who might consider anyone who continues playing music for years and years as a bit "off," perhaps "pleasant men and ladies," but a bit "off."

And... that's all of us who remain on a forum like this and all of us who play guitars year in and year out. Or piano or....

God help us all if we all thought and perceived in the same way.

I find great joy in hearing other perspectives, whether it's string choices on a guitar or perceiving a piece of music or even "politics" or "philosophy." Each of our brains are wired a bit differently. Thank heaven for that.

We're the pickers; if it costs us something, so also it gives us something. Pick on...

m

Good and correct thoughts as always Milod....I have ceased to be suprised when it usually turns out that you are accurate in your thread solutions.....Gibson had to add extra bandwidth when they realised that most of your

posts would require it.....They made a wise investment.....Your music rocks as well...post more...You are also the wise sage with reason who jumps in on the rare occasions when a thread begins a turn towards going south.

Now that's a valuable skill.......Your thread with the question about ' line outs ' ended up being a fascinating study in possible solutions, regardless of the fact that the practical solution to your ' line out ' problem involved

a solution bypassing one directly solving your recording problem...You are an optomist with pramatic answers.....

Probably a lot of aspies here on the forum. I mean look at it - a bunch of adults obsessed about music and guitars that are friends through keyboards and obsessions [unsure]

I was diagnosed Aspie about 15 years ago, double joy of Aspie and OCD - before that just said I was HFA or weird. don't know who i hate being compared to more "Good will Hunting" RainMan or whoever the hell "House" is still haven't figured the last one out guess it's somebody on TV.

Oh and happy 1000 that is if your counting [wink]

Does the fact that I wasn't on the list mean that I'm not helpful/contributory? msp_crying.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course not Tman5293...!!!!!!! You are always helpful and your contributions are highly valued..........Since you are a likely future Gibson Moderator, I did not wish to show favoritism....

With a title of NO BULL, and being a Texan, before you become a rich C.E.O., you'll probably be a forum moderator; here, if not here and elsewhere....You rock Tman5293, and unlike me, you have never offended any fellow members; that's a cool skill.....[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...

------------------------------------------------

Just kidding! Happy 1000th! msp_flapper.gif

Probably a lot of aspies here on the forum. I mean look at it - a bunch of adults obsessed about music and guitars that are friends through keyboards and obsessions [unsure]

I was diagnosed Aspie about 15 years ago, double joy of Aspie and OCD - before that just said I was HFA or weird. don't know who i hate being compared to more "Good will Hunting" RainMan or whoever the hell "House" is still haven't figured the last one out guess it's somebody on TV.

Oh and happy 1000 that is if your counting [wink]

Thankyou for the post......Yup, everything you mentioned is spot on.....It's always easier after the diagnosis; mostly because it answers many questions about ' why, how, this, that, etc. '

And then life goes on as usual, or, ah, perhaps, happily unusual !!!! [thumbup] Cool thing about that statement is, non Aspies won't get it !!!! Thanks Retrosurfer....We are both guitar collectors;

Your collection is top notch.......mine has lots of mid-level guitars, I like it though.....

Hey, Damian, sorry I wasn't in the Lounge last night when the countdown started. (Actually, I was in a lounge, just not the Gibson Lounge....)

Anyway, congratulations on your 1000th post, and thanks for the shout-out.

You're welcome, and thankyou.....There is a ' Quiet Quality ' to your posts, a way of saying a lot without many words....And your humor is understately first class..

One never knows what you'll come up with, but it is always ' above and beyond ' in an eloquent and excellent style and way..

The few times I almost left the lounge, I remind myself how much I would miss it..And your posts are one reason why..

There was a time when I might have made the list but I have slacked off quite a bit this past year... [blush]

You are awesome Daveinspain.......forum rules limited how long the list was.....and we all know how I follow ALL of the forum rules Dave....[scared]eusa_pray.gifeusa_clap.gif:-k .....

( One quirk about Aspergers is that we understand rules, we understand directions, and then we do things our way, it's just how it is. It can cause problems,

but we don't see it as being a problem. )

Oh wait.... you just joinned the forum the end of October... Here we are the middle of december, I was worried about not making your list... [confused] Congrats on your 1000th post but some of us who have been here several years might not understand the relavance. Just Sayin'....

You're welcome, and thankyou.....There is a ' Quiet Quality ' to your posts, a way of saying a lot without many words....And your humor is understately first class..

One never knows what you'll come up with, but it is always ' above and beyond ' in an eloquent and excellent style and way..

The few times I almost left the lounge, I remind myself how much I would miss it..And your posts are one reason why..

Oh, jeez, Damian, you must have me confused with a different Mr. Natural!

But, thanks anyway.

Oh wait.... you just joinned the forum the end of October... Here we are the middle of december, I was worried about not making your list... [confused] Congrats on your 1000th post but some of us who have been here several years might not understand the relavance. Just Sayin'....

Yes, I am still a Newbie........If I behave I'll be an old timer like you and some of the others........

Yes, I am still a Newbie........If I behave I'll be an old timer like you and some of the others........

No problem I understand the good spirit of you wanting to thank certain members who have been helpful to you... I have done the same myself now that I think of it.

Archived