Gibson Brands Forums

I have decided what Gibson I want, please help.

shaved_ape

I know I am new here and you guys will get to know me sooner or later, I started here a little rocky, but I always have good intentions.

But since I graduated wed, I have decided to buy my first real Gibson in 10 years. My first Gibson was a Limited Edition SG I bought the summer I graduate high school. It was a significant stage in my life, and now that I am done with school forever after 30 years of roughing it, I think it's time I wind down and buy another one.

I posted in the Trading post under WTB, but I know you guys read this forum much more.

I want something blue, I know most of you guys aren't fans of the solid colors, but blue drives me wild. Most of my friends in the music realm are breast men, but I go nuts for legs, so I was never normal.

This guitar I am looking for is from 2000, it's a limited edition Sapphire Blue les paul. There were a few sapphires from 2007 or 2008 but they had natural sides and back.

This one is blue all over.

The website I found this on was abandoned in 2008 and the guy said not to use his picture, but if you are on this forum, I am looking for this guitar and I am hoping someone on here knows someone with one.

WEB00LP_Blue-002.jpg

Watch Ebay.

They pop up now and then.

Might find one close enough to look at in person before you buy.

Also, take a look at the Les Paul LE (Limited Edition) in Manhattan Midnight built in about 2005.

Flame Maple top - damned good looking guitar with a bright blue finish.

White binding really sets them off.

Well if you guys see one on a craigslist let me know. I don't know that I have EVER seen this one pop up on ebay and I have been checking ebay with certain key words for over 8 years non-stop. I mean every other day.

Hopefully one shows up soon, because I am starting to sell stuff now, and the harsh curse I have is this will come up when I don't have the money.

Watch Ebay.

They pop up now and then.

Might find one close enough to look at in person before you buy.

Also, take a look at the Les Paul LE (Limited Edition) in Manhattan Midnight built in about 2005.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

I have seen those plenty of times. In fact my roommate two years ago was looking at buying his first Gibson ever and that's the one I helped him choose.

I like this one because it's solid blue.

That is my dream gibson. I saw a candy apple blue 1982 les paul custom go for $2300 in 2003 and I wish I knew who bought that damn thing.

I doubt I will ever be able to afford a custom shop, but if I ever did, I would get a Les paul custom in candy apple blue with white and chrome. That or a blue "completely solid" 339.

But this production is as close as I can get and probably the only one I can afford.

Shaved Ape; If you can't find the LP Neo mentioned, which you won't, you have two choices.....Order one Custom shop...Don't do that.....Or, since I know you want your Gibson in that color..;

You have only one real choice........Buy a Gibson Traditional LP with a plain top.........and find a qualified luither and or person and or company to re-finish your new Traditional LP

in the EXACT color that you want..........To have the Custom shop do it; 2000.00 premium to do it........To re-color a Traditional LP top by a local luthier.....affordable...the result....Priceless.....

And Neo knows his Gibsons...and Gibson..

I know, there is not an EXACT blue that I want done unless I have the custom shop do it.

But yeah, I want it to be a stock gibson.

They did a few candy apple blues back in the early 80's I have seen a LP standard and a LP custom.

In 1992-1993 they did candy apply blue on SG standards which looks awesome. I would even consider one of those, but it's time for a Les Paul.

I would really want something that came stock from the factory.

Which is the main problem, they have only done 2 or 3 runs of solid blues, which is why I hate Gibson recently. This blue Lucille they are doing, really get's my engine revved because I think that's what they should have been doing for a while.

Hopefully they come to their senses soon and do some more. They have done some custom shop's recently that are fairly common, but they have either natural back and sides or black back and sides.

That Mahattan blue is the only time I have ever seen a transparent blue that I liked on a figured top, usually a trans blue looks kind of gross.

I got these images from mylespaul forum which I just joined to post that I am looking for one.

web.jpg

Here is the sapphire one they did back in 2007-2008 which has natural back and sides.

DSCF0369.jpg

If they did an ACTUAL Pelham blue that I can let age naturally over time I would scrounge for one of those, but they have done pelham blue "aged" or "relics" or whatever they do to gross them out.

I do like the color pelhams get after getting aged naturally

515699_029_sn-079738.jpg

And that is about it. Is my frustration with gibson valid?

I will not tolerate people nit picking on Gibson because they don't kiss the butts of people who pick on Gibson.......Gibson made LPs in the color you want......Find one used, which you won't; or shut up,

and order EXACTLY what you want from the Gibson Custom Shop.........Do not use this forum to cry about Gibson not making a Les Paul to your specs......Go Custom Shop and be happy that they will do that for you.....

The Custom Shop will make you very happy.......And order Sig. LPs so others can get them...This forum is not about being mad because you can't find your perfect Gibson Les Paul.....

Get a wah wah....it cries sweetly....Call the Custom Shop, they await your call.

How about this?

HB056M-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&

Just for you man! It's brand new straight from the custom shop!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Custom/BB-King-Lucille-Limited.aspx

It's sold only by musiciansfriend.com. They've got it up for $3,699.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-B.B.-King-Lucille-Gem-Series-Sapphire-Blue-Electric-Guitar?sku=H65383

It's a limited edition. Get it now while you still can. msp_thumbup.gif

No, you're frustration with Gibson is not valid...........And MyLesPaul will get tired of you REAL fast too.......

You even bad mouth Gibson's Custom shop...........not smart.

You should do what Slash did years back......have a luthier make you a copy of a Gibson LP.......after all, Gibson is now selling Slash Signature Les Pauls, based upon a Gibson LP copy...

You can have a Gibson copy made to your specs, and then have Gibson make a Shaved Ape Sig LP in 'special faded pellam blue', and you can sign each sig sold.....real cool...

I will not tolerate people nit picking on Gibson because they don't kiss the butts of people who pick on Gibson.......Gibson made LPs in the color you want......Find one used, which you won't; or shut up,

and order EXACTLY what you want from the Gibson Custom Shop.........Do not use this forum to cry about Gibson not making a Les Paul to your specs......Go Custom Shop and be happy that they will do that for you.....

The Custom Shop will make you very happy.......And order Sig. LPs so others can get them...This forum is not about being mad because you can't find your perfect Gibson Les Paul.....

Get a wah wah....it cries sweetly....Call the Custom Shop, they await your call.

Well yeah that's why I have decided after about 6 months of trying to find a Gibson I like thatI am going used. It's just been one that I have wanted since I was a kid and a solid color blue on a LP still excites me.

The fact that I have finally seen a solid green especially on that Lucille, says to me that it would be cool to see a solid green on an LP once, which I have NEVER seen.

How about this?

HB056M-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&

Just for you man! It's brand new straight from the custom shop!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Custom/BB-King-Lucille-Limited.aspx

It's sold only by musiciansfriend.com. They've got it up for $3,699.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-B.B.-King-Lucille-Gem-Series-Sapphire-Blue-Electric-Guitar?sku=H65383

It's a limited edition. Get it now while you still can. msp_thumbup.gif

I already posted about those and am still "thinking" on it, but I went by and talked to an old friend at GC and he said, "yeah" if I try to add too much distortion it will give a little feedback.

I really really like these. And the fact that they just did them for this, although there are only 25 in each color, makes me hope they do it with an LP std or cst soon.

No, you're frustration with Gibson is not valid...........And MyLesPaul will get tired of you REAL fast too.......

You even bad mouth Gibson's Custom shop...........not smart.

You should do what Slash did years back......have a luthier make you a copy of a Gibson LP.......after all, Gibson is now selling Slash Signature Les Pauls, based upon a Gibson LP copy...

You can have a Gibson copy made to your specs, and then have Gibson make a Shaved Ape Sig LP in 'special faded pellam blue', and you can sign each sig sold.....real cool...

I don't recall necessarily "bad mouthing" the custom shop other than saying I would rather age a pelham myself. And all I posted on the mylespaul forum is what I am looking for.

The reason I wouldn't go to a luthier to make a copy is because the one thing that I LOVE Gibson for even today is their fret edge binding, which limits me to ONLY Gibsons and a few of the Japanese copies from the late 70's early 80's.

Then stop your whining and go to the Custom Shop......Grow up, and go away...Don't cry here.

LMAO!!! I don't see this as whining as I have resorted to going the used route like suggested. Since you are ridiculously rich pay for half of the custom shop fees for me. It's easy to say, "Go to the Custom Shop" but that takes half the thrill out of the hunt for this guitar.

I remember calling Gibson back in 2006 and asking if I send them a beat up les paul how much it would cost to re-paint, re-bind the body and neck, and basically re-do one, the point for me is the binding on the neck and I was looking at $5000. And that is on top of the $1500 I have to spend on getting a beat up les paul in the first place.

The most I can work up is about $2000. Which I will happily spend on this guitar.

When it takes me about 10 years to yuck up $2000 on a guitar, I want to get what I will enjoy for years.

Nothing is wrong with me looking for this guitar. Obviously there are other people who enjoy "blue" les pauls otherwise these guitars will have been on ebay for years.

So I am looking that is all, it does bother me that I have 1 or 2 periods to shop from. But it seems that they try it every 10 years so it's round about 10 years since they have done it.

Wow.....I'm still looking for the Holy Grail in pellam blue.....I'm still looking for the perfect blond.....I'm still looking for childen I fathered during my rock and roll days....I'm still looking for lots of stuff..

I'm still hoping to own certain Gibson Les Pauls.....They exist.....I can afford some....some I want I can not afford.....I am happy that Gibson has made them....I am happy that someone owns them...

I praise Gibson for continuing to make excellent Les Pauls....I thank Gibson for surviving throughout all the years that they have....I thank Gibson because a Gibson guitar is a Gibson Guitar...

I love my Gibson Les Pauls....I will always love my Gibson Les Pauls....I love my non-Gibson guitars....I'm still looking for the perfect red-head.....I am happy with my Gibsons....

Do I have opinions on what I wish Gibson could do better?? Yup...............To own a nice Gibson is not an entitlement, it is a privilege.....Gibsons are great guitars...

I want what I can't have....I don't cry about it.......I feel happy to own the Gibson Les Pauls that I own.....I love Gibson.............

This is Gibson's sandbox.....I am a guest here........and I feel privilged to be here.........I'm still looking for the perfect Les Paul, and yet there are many, and that alone is cool.......

Wow.....I'm still looking for the Holy Grail in pellam blue.....I'm still looking for the perfect blond.....I'm still looking for childen I fathered during my rock and roll days....I'm still looking for lots of stuff..

I'm still hoping to own certain Gibson Les Pauls.....They exist.....I can afford some....some I want I can not afford.....I am happy that Gibson has made them....I am happy that someone owns them...

I praise Gibson for continuing to make excellent Les Pauls....I thank Gibson for surviving throughout all the years that they have....I thank Gibson because a Gibson guitar is a Gibson Guitar...

I love my Gibson Les Pauls....I will always love my Gibson Les Pauls....I love my non-Gibson guitars....I'm still looking for the perfect red-head.....I am happy with my Gibsons....

Do I have opinions on what I wish Gibson could do better?? Yup...............To own a nice Gibson is not an entitlement, it is a privilege.....Gibsons are great guitars...

I want what I can't have....I don't cry about it.......I feel happy to own the Gibson Les Pauls that I own.....I love Gibson.............

This is Gibson's sandbox.....I am a guest here........and I feel privilged to be here.........I'm still looking for the perfect Les Paul, and yet there are many, and that alone is cool.......

AMEN....

And we both want the perfect redhead...

I have found the perfect redhead, and blond, and brunette...many times over...

Got me one now...she's perfectly imperfect...

Just like my guitars; beautifly imperfect....redheads, blonds, etc..

You'll find your perfect Gibby, Shaved Ape..

I have found the perfect redhead, and blond, and brunette...many times over...

Got me one now...she's perfectly imperfect...

Just like my guitars; beautifly imperfect....redheads, blonds, etc..

You'll find your perfect Gibby, Shaved Ape..

I hope so and thanks! B) When I say it's been 10 years of being broke, I mean it's been 10 years of being REALLY broke. The boo-hooing is over, school is over, one day I will have my girlfriend or wife hate me for spending $8000 on a Custom Shop guitar for myself and not $8000 on a ring for her or something, but for the right redhead, I'd consider it, especially if I am 6'3" and a tall redhead is a rare breed and worth it [biggrin]

But $2000 is an ungodly amount of money to me right now which yeah, for the privilege of having a Gibson, I'll eat Ramen for a year.

Since over $120,000 in student loans is about to take it's toll and kick in, this might be the last $2000 for a guitar I have in a while...or ever, so hopefully people can understand why I am picky with that $2000 for now while I am just diving head first into the wading pool of looking for a career.

And this is my first Gibson Les Paul since I had to get rid of my Custom in 2001, so I just want it to be special. And I know right where you are. While I was in school, all my big purchases were computers, which unfortunately are going to have to happen quite often.

It's not fun being broke, but it makes me feel better when I play a Gibson. Having one in my hands is a really special feeling. I knock Gibson, but yeah I am addicted to their product. I am just HIGHLY defensive of $2000 right now.

I know this might seem like an obvious question, but have you tried ringing up all the guitar stores for as far as you'd be willing to drive out to get one?

There might be one sat gathering dust in the second hand section of a guitar store not to far away. If not some stores might be willing to put a watch on for you and give you a call if one does come in.

At a stretch finding the numbers for all local or semi-local pawn shops might not be a bad idea in case they've had any brought in. It's a possibility and all the searching online you could do wouldn't tell you if those kind of places have one or not.

Like what these guys said above...

Option 1 Keep looking until you find what you want. If you have been looking on Ebay and haven't found one I would change the way you search. Even something as hideous er uh I mean unique as this would bound to show up sometime. My advice would be to do a generic search for "Blue Guitars" and weed through the results. I had to weed through 16,0000 bridges to find one I was looking for.

Option 2 Here are a couple things I found:

Link 1 - Save Your Money

Go MIJ

This Isn't Bad. Could have someone add binding

Option 3 - As stated above get the best LP you can for 2K and save your money and have it painted by a luthier or send it to Gibson to do when you can afford it. Besides as soon as you buy one it is guaranteed to show up on Ebaymsp_smile.gif

Archived