Gibson Brands Forums

Then and Now - Post those old picks of "Back in the Day"

Andy R

Chan...

I'll wager your "knight's knight" has other arts at which he excels - as did Musashi.

Music in an ensemble is identical to swordsmanship. At least I believe that so in a combo of almost any style of music.

Where there is a void, enter; where there is an excess, flow around it.

Frankly that's why I don't care so much for some of the "metal" Demoon put up. There is excess in every movement and little void into which to flow.

The old bluesmen, the orchestral musician... regardless of technical skill will flow into a piece and their timing is correct because they enter a void as they perceive it to begin to open.

m

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As proof to my statement that Milo is a fair expert....

yes sir, the knight of my knight is, in fact, a drummer of no small skill.

Impressive deduction!

I once fought in the void, but after a 10 year break, it is hard to get back into that zone. I think too much.

Guitar is an excellent example, though. Perhaps I can draw on the natural "void" I find when playing....

hmmm... :-k

Very cool outfit Pippy !!

smiley-flag013.gif

LOL!

Cheers, Damian, but that's by no means the whole story; back then I was attending Art College and I was wearing that sort of stuff every day! Those are blood-red velvet troos. I also had them in black, navy, pink(!), etc...etc.........there was a range of waistcoats too; I favoured those which sported gilt-mounted mother-of-pearl buttons......

The jacket is a genuine mid-19th C. British Army parade jacket I picked up in a s/h clothes shop in Edinburgh as a student. Can't for the life of me remember which battallion.

"Ye Gods and Little Fishes"....................how times change.

P.

[scared][rolleyes]smiley-signs032.gif ...........smiley-signs108.gif smiley-signs128.gif [lol][scared]

Yep! Chanman you and Milod need to head on down to where the rest of the Merry Men are hanging out and discuss this. msp_flapper.gifmsp_lol.gif This hurts my little guitar playing brain.huh.gif Interesting as it is! .....

Yep! Chanman you and Milod need to head on down to where the rest of the Merry Men are hanging out and discuss this. msp_flapper.gifmsp_lol.gif This hurts my little guitar playing brain.huh.gif Interesting as it is! .....

I was pretty sure I apologized for the derail.

[blush]

At least you didn't ask us to get a room!

[thumbup]

Any of you use "Photobucket?" What's up, now...I can't drag

photos, to the forum posting, anymore. Used to just highlight

and drag. Now, whenever I try to highlight it, I get a "copied"

message, and nothing happens. ??? HELP!!! I'd love to contribute

to this thread! ;>b

CB

When it says copied, all you have to do is come back to your reply for the forum, right click, and click on paste. It pastes the image url so when you post the images will actually show up.

Then:

1966 @ National Guard Armory

08-20-2008122537PM.jpg

1969 ("Bedroom Amp")

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

Now:

"Battle of the Bands"

Toad1.jpg

Me, and "Old Yeller!"

CBwtihGibsonLesPaulSpecialatCarl-1.jpg

CB

What year is that Marshall????eusa_drool.gif Please tell me that's not a full 68 Plexi SuperLeadmsp_crying.gifmsp_scared.gif And the Perfect Custom too!!!!! SHWINGGGGGGGGGG!msp_love.gif

What year is that Marshall????eusa_drool.gif Please tell me that's not a full 68 Plexi SuperLeadmsp_crying.gifmsp_scared.gif And the Perfect Custom too!!!!! SHWINGGGGGGGGGG!msp_love.gif

Smile...It's a late 1968 "Marshall Major" (200 watt). With a '68 Les Paul Custom, and '68 Rickenbacker 360-12 (Jetglow).

Thanks, for the kind comments...

CB

Smile...It's a late 1968 "Marshall Major" (200 watt). With a '68 Les Paul Custom, and '68 Rickenbacker 360-12 (Jetglow).

Thanks, for the kind comments...

CB

I could dig on a Major too. Worked for Richie Blackmore! Tell me you still have it! eusa_pray.gif I have a couple of 73 100 Watt SL's I love but a 68 is is the shiznit!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Please tell me that you still have them both! Very nice! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Sigh...alas, Sadly, no! I kick myself, often, because of that, too. I Do have a LP Custom, just not "that" one, and I have (2) Ric 12-strings, but that black one, is not among them.

The Marshall was sold, in '72, when I stopped playing, for good (I thought). The funds from it, were used (partially) for my college education, and some camera equipment, to go along with it. I was in Photojournalism, at KU, at the time.

The only vintage guitar, I had, and STILL have, is my very first (electric) guitar, which was a birthday gift, from my dear Mother, on my 14th birthday. A 1964 Fender "L" series, Strat, in 3-tone Sunburst. (See Below)

DSC_0022.jpg

This one, I've always had!

CB

Sigh...alas, Sadly, no! I kick myself, often, because of that, too. I Do have a LP Custom, just not "that" one, and I have (2) Ric 12-strings, but that black one, is not among them.

The Marshall was sold, in '72, when I stopped playing, for good (I thought). The funds from it, were used (partially) for my college education, and some camera equipment, to go along with it. I was in Photojournalism, at KU, at the time.

The only vintage guitar, I had, and STILL have, is my very first (electric) guitar, which was a birthday gift, from my dear Mother, on my 14th birthday. A 1964 Fender "L" series, Strat, in 3-tone Sunburst. (See Below)

DSC_0022.jpg

This one, I've always had!

CB

That is a beautiful Strat man! Even the staunchest Gibson devotee would have to admit that!!!

You should have contributed to my post about "The One" guitar and the ones that got away. I bet you have a great story or two.!

Archived