Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Tom delonge ES333 problem?

Will Scott

Hi, i recieved a tom delonge es333 sig today, and after a while, noticed the stud on the bridge seems to be raised, their is also a small hairline crack in the finish on the opposite side of the said stud, just wondered if you could have a look at the picture and tell me if this is normal... cheers

Ps. im not sure if this was present when i first got the guitar as i didn't notice it when i noticed the hairline crack

34eeomd.jpg

Hi, i recieved a tom delonge es333 sig today, and after a while, noticed the stud on the bridge seems to be raised, their is also a small hairline crack in the finish on the opposite side of the said stud, just wondered if you could have a look at the picture and tell me if this is normal... cheers

Ps. im not sure if this was present when i first got the guitar as i didn't notice it when i noticed the hairline crack

34eeomd.jpg

The top of the stud is flat, the top of the guitar is curved, so there's almost always a little space there. Nothing to worry about.

Don't know about the crack, keep an eye on it to see if it changes at all.

Enjoy the guitar!

Hey, thanks for the replies.

I will try to get some more pictures in the morning when the light is better.

Only thing is, this is infact the 3rd one ive owned in the space of the month, first time was for a similar hairline crack, but bigger. (probably nothing but i wanted it sorting cos it was more visible) and the second time, the neck snapped because of the courriers.

But yeah, will get some pictures of the crack in the morning

Again, thanks for the replies.

The cracks do not bother me, what i want to know really, is are they likely to get worse, and in the long term, will they cause any 'real' damage?

Also i have already sent one back for this same problem, it seems it could just be common with these guitars

Thanks

Again, thanks for the replies.

The cracks do not bother me, what i want to know really, is are they likely to get worse, and in the long term, will they cause any 'real' damage?

Also i have already sent one back for this same problem, it seems it could just be common with these guitars

Thanks

Being that the cracks are where the solid center block is, I'd think the structural integrity of the guitar will be OK, although its ugliness is forever...... (sorry - I couldn't resist)

Being that the cracks are where the solid center block is, I'd think the structural integrity of the guitar will be OK, although its ugliness is forever...... (sorry - I couldn't resist)

haha yeah but in most light they're invisible, and you can only see them when you look for them anyway. (which i was as it's the third one I've had)

I was talking about the guitar itself.....

Edit: I have a similar-looking, not particularly pretty Dot Studio, but I wouldn't put a racing stripe on it.

Yup, it's pretty ugly. I bought one for my son a couple of years back, he still has it.

The thing about this guitar is that it plays very well and the tone with the dirty fingers pup is incredible - it's one very sweet guitar, seriously...I can not get over how good it sounds.

Archived