Gibson Brands Forums

Jet City amps

rjay777

Any of you guys have experience with these amps? I've checked out a few video samples of the 20 watt models and

I have mixed opinions on how versatile they are. However it looks like helluva deal for the buck. The cranked up

gain really snarls. I might pick one of these bad boys up. (the GW promos tend to make anything sound good... so I'm

not gonna base my judgement entirely on this)..............

I own the JCA2112RC which is the 20watt 1x12 combo. I love this amp. Single channel, no-nonsense.

It's a rock amp, the cleans aren't the most crystal clean but clean enough for me. It dirties up real well and sounds killer.

It gets plenty loud too, I use it to go jam with a drummer friend of mine and have no trouble being heard over him.

I actually find that the majority of the videos that are on youtube do not really demonstrate the true qualities of the amp. I really like my amp and find its pretty versatile. You can get some nice bluesy overdriven tones, with a low gain, or turn up the gain to like 4-5 for lead, or past that for metal.

I run mine with a DD3 infront the amp, and I like the way it sounds. BTW on their website you can buy the JCA20H with an effects loop if you wanted one with the loop.

I actually find that the majority of the videos that are on youtube do not really demonstrate the true qualities of the amp. I really like my amp and find its pretty versatile. You can get some nice bluesy overdriven tones, with a low gain, or turn up the gain to like 4-5 for lead, or past that for metal.

I run mine with a DD3 infront the amp, and I like the way it sounds. BTW on their website you can buy the JCA20H with an effects loop if you wanted one with the loop.

Glad you brought the effects loop up. I actually don't use the loop, but put everything in front. For a boost or second channel I'd maybe add my OD

for some extra juice into the leads. Right now I only have one 1x12 cab, so if it eventually became a backup gig amp, I'd probably want a second cab.

But as of now my intent is for a cool sounding practice amp and possibly some recording.

Thanks peeps. [thumbup]

Glad you brought the effects loop up. I actually don't use the loop, but put everything in front. For a boost or second channel I'd maybe add my OD

for some extra juice into the leads. Right now I only have one 1x12 cab, so if it eventually became a backup gig amp, I'd probably want a second cab.

But as of now my intent is for a cool sounding practice amp and possibly some recording.

Thanks peeps. [thumbup]

I'm building 2 2*12's because shipping is too much....the thread about material is on the first page now.

Is there any Guitar World demo video that sounds bad?

no matter what website you listen to an amp demo on it will never compare to how it sounds in the real world, remember the sound you hear is the sound from your pc/mac speakers and not the actual amplifer, moral of the story?...go to your local dealer and play through the amp in person [thumbup]

p.s iv'e heard nothing but good stories about the jet city brand B)

no matter what website you listen to an amp demo on it will never compare to how it sounds in the real world, remember the sound you hear is the sound from your pc/mac speakers and not the actual amplifer, moral of the story?...go to your local dealer and play through the amp in person [thumbup]

p.s iv'e heard nothing but good stories about the jet city brand B)

I use expensive studio flat reference monitors on my PC, so it's more the crappy camera mic the video was recorded with but Pro Guitar Shop actually do HD video with studio quality audio (pro mic/soundbooth) so you actually do get a good idea of what it sounds like. If you aren't familiar with them, check out the product videos at proguitarshop.com

All of us members who own one like them...I own one.

+1

I have the JCA20H and love it. It's great for home practice/recording use, and fun to crank when I have a chance. In fact, I'm going to take mine to a jam session tomorrow (instead of my Vox) and crank the sucker up.

You can file this next section under "probably unecessary" but I thought I'd share it if interested:

I didn't end up getting one of the matching 1x2 or 2x12 cabs since I couldn't find one locally and didn't feel like paying for shipping on it. I hear good things about them though. They're loaded with custom eminence drivers. I tried to figure out what a comparable off the shelf eminence speaker would be, but couldn't find those specs.

For my set-up I ended up getting a Marshall Haze 1x12 on the cheap used. The included Celestion speaker (g12 66 Marquee for those interested) was fine, but I ended up swapping it out for an Eminence Wizard. I'm really digging that combo at low volumes. The JCA20H is a bit treble heavy, and I had some trouble controlling that with the Celestion. The Eminence, to my ears, opened up the sound a bit, and moved the treble from being slightly harsh to being a bit warmer.

YMMV on speakers. Celestion vs Eminence is one of those topics that tend to set people off, I know.

I'm definitely looking forward to breaking in the new speaker a bit tomorrow and hearing how the combo screams.

Musicians Friend is what got me interested. Hard to beat that price for a 20W tube amp. I was looking at the Marshall Haze too, but I want something

a little different sounding. I already have a Marshall DSL and a Mesa Boogie. Being treble-heavy wouldn't be too much of an issue for me since I have a 3/4 back Mesa cab that's pretty bassy anyway. Been checking out an Egnater Rebel 30 as well, but a wee bit steep right now.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys. I'm still debating, but the JCA20H will probably be next on my gear list.

Musicians Friend is what got me interested. Hard to beat that price for a 20W tube amp. I was looking at the Marshall Haze too, but I want something

a little different sounding. I already have a Marshall DSL and a Mesa Boogie. Being treble-heavy wouldn't be too much of an issue for me since I have a 3/4 back Mesa cab that's pretty bassy anyway. Been checking out an Egnater Rebel 30 as well, but a wee bit steep right now.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys. I'm still debating, but the JCA20H will probably be next on my gear list.

Got the head for $250 and the cab for $65. total $315. I ordered them together for $498 then found it cheaper, so I emailed Music123 and they refunded the difference pluce 23%.

Whenever you get around to it, Egnaters are IMO the best amps for the buck.......I own a bunch of them, simply astounding amps...

Archived