Gibson Brands Forums

69 fuzz traded for New Pedals on Monday!

Silenced Fred

Wow.

Am I the only one who tries a pedal before buying it?

It would certainly explain why I don't return/trade them often....

Good luck Fred, I hope this one gives you what you're looking for!

[thumbup]

I can't....hardly any of the ones I want are available to try out.

But I don't send them back....I make 'em work.

I can't....hardly any of the ones I want are available to try out.

But I don't send them back....I make 'em work.

Probably why I own so few boutique pedals (1... a Chandler Tube Driver). The ones I have tried have mostly not done much for me, so I don't see me buying one in the hopes that I'll find another CTD..

Probably why I own so few boutique pedals (1... a Chandler Tube Driver). The ones I have tried have mostly not done much for me, so I don't see me buying one in the hopes that I'll find another CTD..

I can't even find a DD3 to try out when I wanted....only a boss compression pedal....nothing else.

Ahh yes... the Carribean. Not where one thinks of when imagining the hotbed of musical gear.

I've played a DD-3. I like the DD-7 better, and it is one of the few pedals I've bought before trying it out. To be fair, I traded a DD-6 for it, though :)

I have a hard time getting fuzz to work for me - especially with my Gibsons.

I have a brand new LovePedal Dragon Fuzz on my board and I rarely use it at all.

Guess I'm more of an overdrive guy, but I keep trying fuzz pedals thinking I'll

find one that I really like.

I have a hard time getting fuzz to work for me - especially with my Gibsons.

I have a brand new LovePedal Dragon Fuzz on my board and I rarely use it at all.

Guess I'm more of an overdrive guy, but I keep trying fuzz pedals thinking I'll

find one that I really like.

Not a big fuzz fan either. I'm more of a distortion/overdrive kinda guy too.

Wow.

Am I the only one who tries a pedal before buying it?

It would certainly explain why I don't return/trade them often....

Good luck Fred, I hope this one gives you what you're looking for!

[thumbup]

I got it in a trade and it sounds great, just not in my sound anymore. I will now have the swollen pickle and the fuzz factory for my plethora of fuzzes and the big muff for whatever.

Trade... purchase... all semantics.

I'm still not entirely sure I get buying a pedal... or amp or guitar for that matter... that I haven't tried yet.

Folks living in areas with little choice nowithstanding.

So... is it the name that makes you go WOW!!! I Need this pedal!!! Is it the hype? The marketing?

[confused]

I'm still not entirely sure I get buying a pedal... or amp or guitar for that matter... that I haven't tried yet.

So... is it the name that makes you go WOW!!! I Need this pedal!!! Is it the hype? The marketing?

[confused]

The pedals that I got, the DD3, the Way Huge, and a couple others, were influenced by Joe Bonamassa's pedals and the sound he gets from them in the demos. And also I wanted to try out that particular type of pedal, but I didn't know which one to try.

[confused]

I had a bass that I learned I'm not that keen on bass right now, and a kid in my music class was looking for another bass. He had the 69 fuzz which is supposed to be the holy grail of fuzz sounds, and I knew it was worth quite a bit, so I didn't think the deal was stupid on my part. I like the way it sounded, but it didn't fit in with what I wanted to do. So I did the trade, and off of a bass I paid 150 for, I got the 69 pedal, and with that 69 pedal, I am getting a fuzz factory and a tremolo pedal, which would have cost more than the initial 150 dollar investment [biggrin]

I had the money at the time of the bass purchase, and I thought I would get around to it more, but I didn't. Opportunity arose [thumbup] And we let each other have a week long test drive of the pedal for me, and the bass for him. I was happier with the pedal than the bass, so was he.

Ahhh!

I am enlightened!

Good luck with the new one, man!

haha, I know, I should have just hung onto the money, but this is the deal that made me make sure I am absolutely positive about purchases and everything from now on. So two new pedals, and a life lesson.

I think I made a good deal on that one [thumbup]

I'll be sure to post some clips or something once I get it... just gotta wait til Monday now... argh

Dude! I was puking my brains out and I missed this thread.

I'm excited for you! My Fuzz Factory is my pride and joy. I love it. I think you're gonna love it too.

What kind is it? Vexter or Handpainted? I'm gonna be pissed if you get one with a cooler paintjob than mine.

You're gonna spend a lot of time tweaking...

Indeed. Don't give up on it though. There's a bajillion possibilities with it(once you figure it out). I sold my first one to a bandmate because I didn't give it enough time..

Dude! I was puking my brains out and I missed this thread.

I'm excited for you! My Fuzz Factory is my pride and joy. I love it. I think you're gonna love it too.

What kind is it? Vexter or Handpainted? I'm gonna be pissed if you get one with a cooler paintjob than mine.

Pretty sure its Vexter, and I can't wait to try out the Kay tremolo pedal, seems pretty cool. When I posted this, I was like where is Travis at? [lol]

Archived