Gibson Brands Forums

firebird weak spot

schnarz25

The headstocks are even weaker than a Les Paul, and the tuning machines sticking straight off the back makes it even worse if it falls on it's back. I've also seen a Firebird where one of the "wings" of the body had snapped off.

Ya I think thats what Im gonna go with. you dont see a ton of firebirds and you really dont see alot of ebony firebirds. Im gonna go see one at guitar center when they get them in stock because I dont think anyone has them in store. Ive only seen them online. does anyone know what the neck is like? Ive played the really fat style neck and really dont like it. I prefer a fairly thin neck but I dont mind a little width. I have a Hofner acoustic and love the neck on it because its not too thin or too fat.

Just got an Ebony Firebird for Christmas...awesome guitar...I actually thought the headstock would be stronger due to it resembling a "fender" like headstock...but oh well I treat my stuff like gold..awesome thin neck...and incredibly clear, articulate tones from the mini-humbuggies... [thumbup]

not exactly what I wanted to hear, but thanks that answers my question. oh well, I guess Ill just be really gentle with it when I get it

< -----------

None of them bounce well but the firebird is a nice playing guitar and Ive had no issues other than sticking the headstock into a ceiling fan on stage a few years back and I'm pretty sure the design had nothing to do with that. [cursing]

My sunburst Firebird is a treasure....feels completely different to any other guitar

I'm still exploring tones...the latest being a slightly compressed clean tone with short delays

The neck feels slim and wide with great allover access

The case is huge and heavy, so committment to carry is necessary

The case cubby hole is the biggest ever(great for sandwiches)

To sum up...

I am somewhat enamoured of this guitar

V

:-({|=

ya, that firebird x needs to be taken down somehow. I can understand trying to be innovative but why do they have to call it a firebird? call it something else and I think people would be a little more accepting. people dont want to see a classic guitar turned into something thats weird. make it something new that nobody has heard of or seen before.

< -----------

None of them bounce well but the firebird is a nice playing guitar and Ive had no issues other than sticking the headstock into a ceiling fan on stage a few years back and I'm pretty sure the design had nothing to do with that. [cursing]

I've come close to doing the same thing with the ceiling fan in my practice room.

I think the sunburst looks best. The only reason I wouldn't get a black one is because I don't like black guitars with brown (rosewood) fretboards...but that's just me.

Yea I originally ordered a Sunburst but they decided to send me an Ebony instead...I didn't return because I was really surprised how the Ebony looked and just kept it...Also adds some variety to my collection. I had the same concern with Rosewood and an ebony finish but luckily I got a pretty dark fretboard, so it blends with it nicely.

163110_1756846688922_1471628963_1831600_5718745_n.jpg

PS: the case is freakin HUGE but I really like it..seem's very sturdy and like em better then the "Guitar-Shaped" cases. And about the pups...I love em....there pretty hot..but I like hotter pups...there definitely brighter then Gibson's Humbuggies witch I really dig due to the defintion and clarity of each note..Every note seems to jump out at you...it excels at hammer-ons/pulloffs due to the brilliant neck design (50/60) and excellent action...( You may have to adjust a little to get some fret buzz out but I'm more anal then most about buzzing..) A huge improvement they made to this year's Firebird was the replacing of the shitty banjo tuners for Steinbergers 40:1 Gearless Tuners...A huge improvement and some of the best tuners made today...they WILL take some getting used to but all in all there incredible...There not meant to change back and forth between tunings due to the 40:1 tuning ratio. All in all I love it and I think you will too...It's alot lighter then I expected for it' size and due to being a tall lanky dude..the extra size fits me PERFECTLY. Good luck bro [thumbup] ..oh and why do you gotta wait till Summer for it?

ok thanks, youve been a big help. youre making me want one so bad I might not even wait to go see it and just order one online but I know I should go feel it and see it before I buy it. oh and about waiting til summer, I have to keep saving money plus my birthday is around then(mom and dad are gonna help).

Archived