Gibson Brands Forums

another eBay faker

meanstreak

heres a whole ebay shop full of fakes.

What I don't get is the point of not saying "Gibson" in the ad, not putting "Gibson" on the headstock, and then pasting in a copied label that does say "Gibson". I am flummoxed!

-- Bob R

What I don't get is the point of not saying "Gibson" in the ad, not putting "Gibson" on the headstock, and then pasting in a copied label that does say "Gibson". I am flummoxed!

-- Bob R

I get really irritated with the whole copy thing, i know they want people to believe they are buying something akin to gibson but the price must indicate that its not gibson being sold.

I reckon they should stick their own name on and launch their own brand. chances are they would still sell just as well

well I sent an email to the seller in my original post letting him know we're on to him, and he indicated he was in fact swindled too and promtly closed the auction. He said me and several other people had emailed him about it. I feel bad for someone that happens to, but who spends more than a couple hundred bucks without at least doing a google search on what you are buying first?? At least he closed the auction though.

Archived