Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird 12 String

albertjohn

Albertjohn.....did you get one????

Hey OWF.

No I didn't but I did see one for sale a few months ago in Charing Cross Road but I haven't been in London for some months due to a new job.

My Tak EF381SC is a fine 12 string and I'm very happy with it. I thought my 12Bird GAS has passed but thanks to thevalleygirl I have gone all weak at the knees once more.

Thevalleygirl - she looks and sounds a real cracker. Congrats and thanks for the pics and vid.

Well I AM a girl (old as I am) and definitely have the 'novelty gene' since I do crazy things and want to be unique... like breaking my arm on the Flying Trapeze... not my best look:) I give wine tours and make Valley Girl Wines, one is a Pinot Noir from my 165 grapevines (makes one barrel) and a Bordeaux Blend from Cab Franc, Cab, Merlot (one barrel). I also work at 2 wineries in the valley. Mostly Pina - AWESOME CABS! and occasionally at Monticello Vineyards. Valley Girl Tours, Your New Best Friend is another business, and I make wine tasting tables from wine barrels that have contained awesome wines (attached). So I keep pretty busy.

Now my obsession is with learning to play these wonderful guitars. I should take some lessons, or find someone to play with.

post-32525-045921500 1303744054_thumb.jpg

Well I AM a girl (old as I am) and definitely have the 'novelty gene' since I do crazy things and want to be unique... like breaking my arm on the Flying Trapeze... not my best look:) I give wine tours and make Valley Girl Wines, one is a Pinot Noir from my 165 grapevines (makes one barrel) and a Bordeaux Blend from Cab Franc, Cab, Merlot (one barrel). I also work at 2 wineries in the valley. Mostly Pina - AWESOME CABS! and occasionally at Monticello Vineyards. Valley Girl Tours, Your New Best Friend is another business, and I make wine tasting tables from wine barrels that have contained awesome wines (attached). So I keep pretty busy.

Now my obsession is with learning to play these wonderful guitars. I should take some lessons, or find someone to play with.

Where to start.....where to start...... first off.... could you have made this? It lives on our kitchen table!

180765_1551866763257_1432777962_3060084_4068537_n.jpg

Next.... who actually makes your wine? Hubby and you? I have 20 or so Pinot vines, 35 or so Cab vines and @ 100 Chardonnay vines.

The wine I make sucks...... maybe we can trade wine lessons for guitar playin', (don't want to "teach" guitar, but we could play music together!

I do much better with my olives, (20 trees) than the grapes. My good friend has 5 acres in Pinot in the Carneros region in Sonoma. He sells

his grapes to someone up there, but used to make killer Cab. He's too old now, and quit making wine about 2 years ago....just when I need

tutoring!

Third.... you need an old Lincoln Limo for your wine tours? I just bought a new corporate limousine for our business, and the old one is sitting

at my house. 1995 Lincoln 120" stretch. It's pretty nice, (hasn't been in a limo service), and because it's so old, has little value. We're a major\

vehicle manufacturing firm, so the vehicle has been impeccably maintained, (I have records).

Where to start.....where to start...... first off.... could you have made this? It lives on our kitchen table!

180765_1551866763257_1432777962_3060084_4068537_n.jpg

Next.... who actually makes your wine? Hubby and you? I have 20 or so Pinot vines, 35 or so Cab vines and @ 100 Chardonnay vines.

The wine I make sucks...... maybe we can trade wine lessons for guitar playin', (don't want to "teach" guitar, but we could play music together!

I do much better with my olives, (20 trees) than the grapes. My good friend has 5 acres in Pinot in the Carneros region in Sonoma. He sells

his grapes to someone up there, but used to make killer Cab. He's too old now, and quit making wine about 2 years ago....just when I need

tutoring!

Third.... you need an old Lincoln Limo for your wine tours? I just bought a new corporate limousine for our business, and the old one is sitting

at my house. 1995 Lincoln 120" stretch. It's pretty nice, (hasn't been in a limo service), and because it's so old, has little value. We're a major\

vehicle manufacturing firm, so the vehicle has been impeccably maintained, (I have records).

Yes, I could have made that candle holder :) The difference between my barrel art from others is that I use 'cult' barrels, single barrel cabs from Nickel & Nickel. For the Table you can pick your favorite wine and I will make the table from the barrel that held that wine. Mostly sell the candle holders - $25/ea. See below.

Ah, wine. Yes, my husband and I make it and it is pretty good. Silvers at the State Fair, and lots of ribbons. It all begins with the dirt. Where do your grapes come from? If you get good grapes you can only screw up the wine because you aren't clean. Dirt and Cleanliness = good wine.

Yes, I'll trade winemaking for lessons! I'm going to do my first Chard this year. I work for Pina Cellars, which is part of Pina Vineyard Mgmt Company - the largest and most prestigious in the valley... they farm about 1000 (yes 3 zeros) acres here in the valley... really high end stuff.

post-32525-056488400 1303751466_thumb.jpg

Yes, I could have made that candle holder :) The difference between my barrel art from others is that I use 'cult' barrels, single barrel cabs from Nickel & Nickel. For the Table you can pick your favorite wine and I will make the table from the barrel that held that wine. Mostly sell the candle holders - $25/ea. See below.

Ah, wine. Yes, my husband and I make it and it is pretty good. Silvers at the State Fair, and lots of ribbons. It all begins with the dirt. Where do your grapes come from? If you get good grapes you can only screw up the wine because you aren't clean. Dirt and Cleanliness = good wine.

Yes, I'll trade winemaking for lessons! I'm going to do my first Chard this year. I work for Pina Cellars, which is part of Pina Vineyard Mgmt Company - the largest and most prestigious in the valley... they farm about 1000 (yes 3 zeros) acres here in the valley... really high end stuff.

post-32525-056488400 1303751466_thumb.jpg

How can I tell if you made the one on my table?

It was given to me by a friend, (she lives in Napa).

Another friend is a partner with White Oak Winery, (Calplans?), so I've been through that place a couple of times, (many years ago).

My vines are in my back yard..... the dirt is the same stuff that holds up my house! Danville......

I really like the tone of that 12string HB, quite warm and rich not as bright as some 12's can sound.

Never owned a 12string acoustic, but always love playing the intro to Wanted Dead or Alive on the 12strings when i visit a guitar shop ... :-)

Click the above text to see how she sounds

Archived