Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird 12 String

albertjohn

• 3 months later...

I've got early signs of a hankering for one.

Does anyone have 1st hand experience? I'd love to learn of some opinions.

I just purchased one and should get it next week. It's a 2010, but not an anniversary edition. I'm really excited, and will let you know how it sounds.

I just purchased one and should get it next week. It's a 2010, but not an anniversary edition. I'm really excited, and will let you know how it sounds.

I love 12s. Please include a pic or two when you post.

AJ -

No help, I've got a Guild, a Ric and used to have an Epi and a Takamine - love those 12s.

But good luck with your hunt. B)

Rob - - - - Would you be thinkin' about a 12string Dove ? . . B)

I'm a crappy player, just got her, but I can still do barre chords on her. Great Action!

No need to be so down on yerself. Everyone has to start at the beginning. I think it's great that you've got such a fine instrument to learn on. [thumbup]

You aren't too far from me do you play with anyone?

Not much anymore.... I played "out" years ago, but not much these days.

We aren't too far apart. We'll have to get together some day...... We can compare your Brad Paisley and H-Bird to my Doves!

Not much anymore.... I played "out" years ago, but not much these days.

We aren't too far apart. We'll have to get together some day...... We can compare your Brad Paisley and H-Bird to my Doves!

That would be fun... you'd win, maybe not in the guitar catagory, but in the playing catagory. Actually I almost got a Dove before the BP came up for 1/2 price on e-bay. The BP is very soft sounding compared to my raunchy '75 Takamine. You'd win in the guitar catagory too!

That would be fun... you'd win, maybe not in the guitar catagory, but in the playing catagory. Actually I almost got a Dove before the BP came up for 1/2 price on e-bay. The BP is very soft sounding compared to my raunchy '75 Takamine. You'd win in the guitar catagory too!

The good thing is that it's not a contest!

I like your guitars, and naturally, I like my guitars too.

I've been playing for close to 50 years now, and there was a period of time when I made my living at it...but I wish I had the ability of many of the people on this forum.

The truth is.....I play what I play. You play what you play. We can all learn from each other, (it's what I miss most about not playing with others much any more).

I'd love to play your guitars, and love to have you play mine. I NEVER think of my playing as "better" or "worse" than anyone else's.

I'm looking forward to Sunday, (Easter), when my B-I-L comes over, and we ALWAYS play together for hours and hours.

Archived