Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic Fest - new toys coming!!!

Duende

I have just ordered some new acoustic toys!! The hand made gypsy guitar will take until May till until it is finished, but the other stuff will arrive soonish!!

The best electric nylon guitar I found was this - it sounds brilliant! It has on board reverb, chorus and delay. To say how surprised I was that it sounded like an ace classical guitar is nothing short of an understatement, personally I found it better than the Godins (for me!)

large__SLG110NNAT.jpg

Here is the amp I choose - it is a 150 watt VOX AGA 150 and has a valve pre amp!! It sounded very warm and responsive - add to cart!!!

voxaga-main-460-80.jpg

I thought Santa only came at christmas???? Sounds like some very nice toys...lol...congradulations....

Hi Wily

My wife said the same thing and just rolled her eyes to the sky when I said they were tools (LMAO) she said "they just happen to be tools that are really fun' so I said "it is only work then if it makes me miserable!!"

We are only kidding but the above has been a long time coming. I am looking forward to playing in a loud place with the Yamaha and not having to worry about feedback!!

Cheers and have a good Saturday night!

Matt

Guest WiseAxe

You're kidding about that nylon thing, right? Possibly misplaced from one of Wily's threads?

At least with the Django-evoking jazz guitar you should be able to reach in up to your elbow to retrieve your pick.

I had to live up to my name. Somebody had to do it.

Play them in good health.

Ah ha . . .

I recall you lookin into the Godin and asking for input here.

I must say, I wouldn't have expected that type - Yamaha SLG130N(?). But I've heard it before and it does sound great - for no enclosed body.

The Vox amp is very nice.

And then the handmade by Eneas - checked out his website, great stuff.

Yep, I'd say you've made enough purchases for an "acoustic fest".

Congrats. B)

I had to live up to my name. Somebody had to do it.

Play them in good health.

LMAO, I didn't get any of it anyway!

Ah ha . . .

I recall you lookin into the Godin and asking for input here.

I must say, I wouldn't have expected that type - Yamaha SLG130N(?). But I've heard it before and it does sound great - for no enclosed body.

I have borrowed the older model from my friend and I am having so much fun with it! I will do a video or something to show you what it sounds like. It sounds better than any other electro classicals I have tried for certain msp_biggrin.gif

The Vox amp is very nice.

Yes, The Vox is unusual for an acoustic amp having a valve pre amp and they (Vox) are of course not known for making acoustic amps; but it sounded just right!

cheers!!

Matt

Hearty congrats on your new acquisitions Matt.

Very interested to know what you think about the Vox once you've had a chance to get to know it. I've not seen one yet but I'm still going to upgrade from my Marshall AS50.

Robbie's looking to buy a small acoustic amp too, to use when the Bose is just too cumbersome. I spotted a used Fishman Loudbox 100 in my local shop recently but did not have time to try it. Got a feeling Robbie will get it so I'll have a chance to test out that one properly.

Cheers Matt.

Archived