Gibson Brands Forums

New job? and other guitar related matters

albertjohn

Just FYI, there's no need to pay sales tax. First, there are plenty of dealers in states that don't have sales tax. (Buy from Music Villa in Bozeman, and you don't pay Montana sales tax because there is no Montana sales tax.)

I checked them out, but they don't seem to sell Gibson guitars msp_confused.gif . Are the prices of their other guitars regarded as good ? Most places these days (including European shops) will also sell guitars less than the marked prices, that is a part of the fun of buying gear, the price on the sticker and the price you walk out with. For the record I don't haggle as I am hopeless at it.

Matt

I checked them out, but they don't seem to sell Gibson guitars ...

The sell plenty -- Music Villa is the "Home of the Gibson Acoustic Showroom" -- but they aren't an Authorized Internet Dealer, so they can't show their stock on the website. (Of course, neither is Fuller's these days.) Just call 'em and ask for Paul Dekker. He's the owner, and can give you the best prices. You don't have to haggle, just ask for his best price.

-- Bob R

The sell plenty -- Music Villa is the "Home of the Gibson Acoustic Showroom" -- but they aren't an Authorized Internet Dealer, so they can't show their stock on the website. (Of course, neither is Fuller's these days.) Just call 'em and ask for Paul Dekker. He's the owner, and can give you the best prices. You don't have to haggle, just ask for his best price.

-- Bob R

More and more Bob, you are seeming like the acoustic forums' dark horse !!

Cheers old boy msp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Matt

More and more Bob, you are seeming like the acoustic forums' dark horse !!

Cheers old boy msp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Matt

I'll second that!. Great discussion chaps.

I totally agree with your point, Matt, about US prices. A couple of years ago we paid the same in £ than was quoted in $ so with an exchange rate of say £1 to $1.50, we paid 50% more. Of course part of that was shipping.

We really have reached the point when you can pick up the phone to the States and order a guitar. Thanks Bob for the info on who to contact.

Yes ... unlesss you are talking about vintage, then the only way to find the right baby is by making a trip to the US of A ..

I'll second that!. Great discussion chaps.

I totally agree with your point, Matt, about US prices. A couple of years ago we paid the same in £ than was quoted in $ so with an exchange rate of say £1 to $1.50, we paid 50% more. Of course part of that was shipping.

We really have reached the point when you can pick up the phone to the States and order a guitar. Thanks Bob for the info on who to contact.

Archived