Gibson Brands Forums

bridge bushing question??

Trewblue

I ordered a roller bridge for my Dot from GFS(post spacing 74mm). hopefully the new bridge will just drop onto the posts that are already there. If not does anyone know if the stock bushings are glued in? I have a tech to get the stock ones out if I have trouble but he said it could be a problem if they're glued in.

Thanks for any info. If this works well, I'm going to replace the bridges on my Studio and SG. I'll let you know how it goes!

Dan

Thanks jadedbat the video was great. Guess it will work on a Semi Hollow. the block under the bridge is pretty thick.

TNX

:) cool.. I was sitting around for a while trying to think of a good way to get those out of my SG w/out harming the finish.. and found this video.. and honestly it is borderline Egyptian technology.. it's super fun to do it. My mind wouldn't have thought of that solution in a 100 years.

ive pulled plenty of them. never saw any glue yet. what i do is put the screw back in and get a face cloth folded put it next to it and use a table spoon as a fulcrum. pops them right out in a second instead of all that nonsense this guy says to do. works every time.

Get a 10mm screw and a piece of dowel. Drop the dowel in the hole of the bushing and screw the screw in. The bushing comes right out. Doesn't sound like you will have to though. Depending on the bridge, it should drop right in. If you got a Wilkinson bridge you will need to use the posts you got for the bridge, but the bushing will be right.

If you have to remove the bushings because the bridge is the wrong size like on older Sheratons you have a bigger problem than just removing the bushings. I doubt that will be the case though.

Archived