Gibson Brands Forums

Having fun with imovie

Tman

Just upgraded imovie on my computer and messed around with my Les Paul. The create a trailer function is hilarious - grab some popcorn and crank your speakers for the surround sound effect!

Here hear a few lead licks. Just used my onboard mic and camera nothing else. My cat comes in towards the beginning. Just havin fun, feel free to post your own if you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Mc5F04sZ8

Thanks other Tman, Damian, Big Bill, Cookie and Evan! Sometimes it's just fun having fun. Been off this week on vacation so best thing to do is play guitar.

Here's practicing on 2 more songs for the upcoming gig: Birthday, nearly the whole song, and the solo for Rock and Roll as I'm going to play it. Now, I don't play the solo like Jimmy, just did my own thing and tried to include some of the milestones of the solo.

Somehow I screwed up the editing and a bit of birthday comes back at the end. Also the volume gain control or whatever the hell it's called kicks in altering the gain on the "Yes we're goin to a party party" part. Gotta learn how to record properly.

Cheers and again feel free to post anything here you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8laG3M9Us

Also the volume gain control or whatever the hell it's called kicks in altering the gain on the "Yes we're goin to a party party" part. Gotta learn how to record properly.

Sounding good. I love the new iMovie. All you need is a decent mic. You'll never get anything good out of the built in

mic. Get a Samson Go-Mic. $59 Condenser mic. Clips right on your monitor or desk. iMovie will recognize it right away

(as will all your other apps). You will be pleased with the difference in sound quality.

Thanks again guys! Going to check out the Sampson mic. Gotta make some changes to hone in on recording.

Man, I love playin the LP. Fell asleep with it the other night night. I know - TMI. Hasn't happened since probably 1979! [scared]

Cheers,

Phil

Archived