Gibson Brands Forums

carvin guitars

schnarz25

Well for me a pickup swap wouldn't do the trick.

They just seem like a cross between Ibanez and PRS to me. And I don't really care for Ibanez or PRS.

I don't want to seem like a Negative Nancy that likes them for no good reason. I've played a bunch and wasn't impressed. I can live with their acoustics.

Love their amps though. I've checked out their PAs and mixers and they seem good too.

They aren't an odd size they just suck. If I remember correctly the ones I played had humbuckers mounted with 3 or 4 screws like a Fender though.

Every guitar I ever bought is bought on the basis of how it plays & feels, how it looks, and how it sounds. In that order. The pickups I swap if I don't like the tone. Of all the new Carvins I played, as of Fall 2010 anyway, I don't recall disliking how any of them sounded. I just remember being impressed through and through.

Ok I shouldn't say they suck.. They don't suck I've just heard much better.

Brundaddy where in LA are you? I thought you lived in St Louis for some reason.

I live in Orange County (not the area shown on TV shows...) but I go out to LA as much as I can. I love Hollywood. I've been to the Carvin showroom on Sunset a few times and I've played them at NAMM but that's it.

Archived