Gibson Brands Forums

Installing A Push/Pull Coil Tap

Andy R

Shred,

Here are some pics that will help you out. This is based on the Dimarzio wiring code. You need to get a 500K push pull pot and make sure you get the right shaft length!

Your pickup(s) Should currently be wired like this. I only labeled and colored 1 pickup but the neck pick up should be the same....

40b8a4d9.jpg

If you want the tap to be the volume control wire it like this. ( you can also wire the other pick-up to the extra set of lugs on the push/pull pot and coil tap both pickups with one pot.

3135fdb1.jpg

If you want the tone control to be the coil tap then wire it this way. Same thing as above in that you can use it to tap both pickups...

34aa04d9.jpg

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions,

Andy

Sheeet you the man Andy!!! Thanks for posting this for me man! :)

I need to gather some supplies and then I will get started on this...i'm stoked to try it out!!

Andy is amazing......The Epi Lounge " Andy " is 'Animalfarm.'..........He created this which can be found on the Epi Lounge site; The Do It Yourself Thread..

It has tons of info, and has info relating to push / pull installs as well.....

And thanks Animalfarm.........and Andy...............

Sheeet you the man Andy!!! Thanks for posting this for me man! :)

I need to gather some supplies and then I will get started on this...i'm stoked to try it out!!

No problem man. Glad to help. msp_thumbup.gif

Andy is amazing......The Epi Lounge " Andy " is 'Animalfarm.'..........He created this which can be found on the Epi Lounge site; The Do It Yourself Thread..

It has tons of info, and has info relating to push / pull installs as well.....

And thanks Animalfarm.........and Andy...............

Animalfarm introduced himself in my studio rebuild thread. He was very nice and complimentary and seems like a great guy. When I quit working my A$$ off on this guitar I'm gonna check out the Epi lounge for sure!

Andy

Archived