Gibson Brands Forums

My LP Standard

sgtb2000

Thanks Willy

Love the finish on yours. I post pics of the 1960 anniversary model when I get it.

Sgtb,

Welcome to the forum!

You're off to a good start. You posted pics of your new guit without being prodded!

Congrats on it, by the way. Glad to hear you are pleased with it.

Don't be a stranger.

Willy

Excellent axe, played over 12 n picked this one as the tone was better, had them put reissued PAF's n grover tuners on it, what a difference. I think it actually plays better than my 1980 Gibson LP Standard

Congreats on your new axe!

Question: didn't this guitar come with Grover tuners installed? According to the Epi site, Standards come with Grover tuners ... well, standard!

Jim

Yes it did, but they were a cheaper model machine, I had grover 109G's put on it, they have a better mesh system and don't slip as much as the cheaper grovers.

Congreats on your new axe!

Question: didn't this guitar come with Grover tuners installed? According to the Epi site, Standards come with Grover tuners ... well, standard!

Jim

Congrats on your new LP!

Yes it did, but they were a cheaper model machine, I had grover 109G's put on it, they have a better mesh system and don't slip as much as the cheaper grovers.

What is a "mesh system"?

As far as I can tell, the Grover Super Rotomatic (109) is the exact same 14:1 machine as "regular" Grovers (102), except that they have the 3 step buttons.

its the gearing inside the machine, the mesh is where the gears meet, if its not tight enough they slip, causing tuning issues, the newer tuners corrected that issue, n yes the buttons are different

Congrats on your new LP!

What is a "mesh system"?

As far as I can tell, the Grover Super Rotomatic (109) is the exact same 14:1 machine as "regular" Grovers (102), except that they have the 3 step buttons.

Archived