Gibson Brands Forums

Drummers

neilpanda

Had to cancel a show this week for the first time in three years because our drummer was sick. We could do a show without bass and or rhythm guitar, but without a drummer...scratch that...without "our" drummer we are dead in the water. Our songs are not complicated but only he knows the breaks and beats and everything. So yeah, drummers are pretty important.

These aren't mine but.......

What did the drummer get on his I.Q. test ??? Drool.

What did the fired drummer say on his way out the door ??? Hey guys, I wrote a few songs !!

It's interesting that this post got a - 1......not that I care, 'cause I don't.......But, these two jokes were posted on this forum before, and a drummer I worked with in November told me these same jokes....

Even more interesting is that I'm a drummer myself....And taught by a jazz drummer...

Without a great drummer, Fleetwood Mac would have been merely...Mac.

Ya think ??.......It aways was his band..............

How do you tell if the stage is level??? The drummer is drooling out of both sides of his mouth!

I grew up playing piano and drums, but in high school my main focus was drumming. About halfway through I decided to try the guitar, and have slowly fallen more and more in love with it.

In my current band I mostly play piano and guitar, but I get to play a bit of bass and drums to. Being in a band with a bunch of multi-instrumentalists is awesome.

People who give drummers crap never seemed to try to be one. I hear a lot of "how hard can it be". Then I try to teach them. They learn quickly that it's not just hitting things.

It's hitting things with style. [thumbup]

Drummer jokes are some of the best though. My band's drummer and I trade them all the time. If someone was saying them to be really down on drummers that's one thing, and I'd probably get on their case about it, but in and of themselves, I think they're a hoot.

Oh, and for the record, we determined our practice space slopes slightly to our drummer's left. [biggrin]

Yes......Neo's drummer is a righty.....................

Archived