Gibson Brands Forums

I think I am getting a EHX Muff

Riffster

So I got an e-mail from my credit card company telling me how many points I had accumulated, I figured they would have crappy offerings. I did a "guitar" search and found I could redeem my points for a $100 gift card for guitar center.

I think I am getting a BIg Muff, the one with the tone wicker.

I can't believe Russian Muffs have gone up in price since discontinued.

Also I found this cool site with a lot of info on Muffs

http://www.kitrae.net/music/music_big_muff.html

Yeah I shoulda kept my russian Muff. I sold it for like 20 bones. Just got a NYC and sounds awesome but the switch is crap.

I'd sell mine but it isn't worth jack so I might as well keep it. The Russians have a lot of crappy parts that piss me off. The jacks especially.

I'd pick up an NYC if I found a sweet deal on one. They're kindof inconviniently big though. I really want a Musket or a Hoof. I just picked up a Torn's Peaker though so that gave me a nice little fuzz fix.

The Russian versions seem to be going up in price on eBay, some of the older ones go for more. The reason may be demand by Bass players though not guitar players.

The Little Big Muff is the same circuit as the Big Muff pretty much in a much smaller size.

The Russian versions seem to be going up in price on eBay, some of the older ones go for more. The reason may be demand by Bass players though not guitar players.

The Little Big Muff is the same circuit as the Big Muff pretty much in a much smaller size.

Yeah, the price gets driven up. I bought mine at a GC for 50 bucks, not too bad. Some guy offered me 70 as I was leaving for it, I loved it too much.

You'll find a lot of people bashing on the tone wicker because the "tone isn't there on the smaller models" but the wicker switch makes it a very versatile pedal (comparatively to the standard model)

The TP rocks Dub. You know you can get the DIY kits for $25 at Devi's site. I wanna make a Shoegazer yo

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about the TP. It's my kinda fuzz. Dang dude $25 is sweet. I'm gonna check that out. I might have to get a Soda Meiser now to complete the Shoegazer. If you want me to screenprint an enclosure for you send me the art an an enclosure and I'll do it for free.

Fred you would dig the Torn's Peaker. I'm pretty sure our main man Dan uses one. Either way.. It's sweet.

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about the TP. It's my kinda fuzz. Dang dude $25 is sweet. I'm gonna check that out. I might have to get a Soda Meiser now to complete the Shoegazer. If you want me to screenprint an enclosure for you send me the art an an enclosure and I'll do it for free.

Fred you would dig the Torn's Peaker. I'm pretty sure our main man Dan uses one. Either way.. It's sweet.

Lemme check some demos out

I'd sell mine but it isn't worth jack so I might as well keep it. The Russians have a lot of crappy parts that piss me off. The jacks especially.

+1. I've got a Green Russian BMP that was gutted because the jacks and switch kept going out.. It's got a Triangle board in there now [thumbup]

You'll find a lot of people bashing on the tone wicker because the "tone isn't there on the smaller models" but the wicker switch makes it a very versatile pedal (comparatively to the standard model)

The smaller models have the same tone except is a bit thinner, Germandude has some vids on youtube comparing Muffs.

I definitely want the additional versatility.

Archived