Gibson Brands Forums

i want to move to cali

pete c

I'll agree with Nashville being a nice place - although the flood last year made me wonder.

Still a bit humid and low altitude, which kinda go together at that general geographical location, but truly a pretty darned decent place to live in spite of a very high population density. Well... high in comparison. <chuckle>

Would I move with some incentive to do so? Very probably, but it would take that incentive.

Northern Cali? Maybe, maybe not; it would take way, way more incentive given the cost of an equivalent lifestyle there. I did investigate the possibility looking at a job there six, eight years ago. Not kidding, it'd take even in small town northern Cali roughly five to eight times my current paycheck for equivalent living...

m

Milod unlike New Orleans the flood here did not ruin the town for long, we have hills around here so while a lot of people were affected a lot were not, the city pulled together and came out of it dignified.

There are a lot of people that still need help after the flood that's for sure.

One thing for sure is that if you buy a house 'round here now that did not flood last April it never will.

The humidity in the summr can be bad for sure but it is not a constant.

Another thing my wife and I love is that Destin, FL and the Emerald Coast is a 7 1/2 hour drive. Amazing white sand, sunny beaches. We go down there twice a year and it is just fantastic to be able to drive down.

Stiffhand...

I was in Memphis eight years. Got to Nashville a cupla times although always for work. I rather liked the area too.

Good tough folks can survive. May Nashville never lose that rural toughness even if it is a big city. As I said, were there a bit of incentive, it's one place I think I'd enjoy longer term than just visits.

m

Actually, I lived in So Cal, for 30 years. Santa Barbara (2 years), L.A. (28 years). Loved it, mostly.

As long as you have a decent job (which may be a bit harder to come by, right now),

things can be as good there, as anywhere. As far as "crazies," go...I remember

visiting my Mom, 10 or more years ago, here in the very town I now live in (again),

and while watching the news, from Wichita, I remarked to her, that I felt like I

was watching L.A. News, with all the gang crime, drive by's, and crazy people stories.

So, it's all over, not just in California.

CB

Archived