Gibson Brands Forums

Sg Standard's hardshell case specs?

Peiiion

Hi everyone, since today i'm a proud owner of a Gibson SG Standard Ebony and i have to say, this thing is a beauty and a keeper!

I was wondering and trying to reasearch about the specs of the included hardshell case which looks really great but i couldn't find any information of them.

Can somebody tell me something about this cases? Are they intended to be used in a flight? The fill inside remplaces the cotton clothes to clean up the guitar after it use? etc. etc.

Thank you very much and i will upload photos soon.

On the subject of cases...

Anyone know why my 2007 sg 3 came with the same case my les paul studio came with?

problem is the sg 3 does not sit in the case with the neck supported....the neck pops up and only rests on the first side of the neck support....

Anyone know why my 2007 sg 3 came with the same case my les paul studio came with?

problem is the sg 3 does not sit in the case with the neck supported....the neck pops up and only rests on the first side of the neck support....

The upper bout of an SG is larger than an LP, so the SG shouldn't fit in an LP case. If you bought it new, you might want to call Gibson C/S, maybe they'll have an answer.

Hey Tom

My SG 3 case actually has a padded piece under the heal for support.Does yours not have the support ??

On the subject of cases...

Archived