Gibson Brands Forums

gorgeous Epi spotlight CMT

bigneil

spt1.jpg

yup, I Just spotted this little gem on evil bay.

Spotlight link

I can honestly say, having owned one of these guitars for many years that they are AWESOME ! and it's the model with the American strat' style floating trem' instead of the rather than the problematic Stienberger unit usually seen. =P~ =P~ =P~

If only i had some spare money !

Wow, I so want that. What are the necks on these Statocaster type guitars like? Similar to an LP or SG?

It's more like a PRS copy than a strat, although it does have a 25.5" scale length same as a strat. The neck has a thin D shape profile and the width is also very small with the string spacing at the bridge of only 50mm, it a very fast neck.

Do you have any experience with any of the other Strat-type Epi's? http://epiphone.3house.com/index.html

I would love to find one that has a neck like my SG. That is, flat radius, thinner, and slightly wider than that of my Fender Stratocaster.

The guys' story in that ebay.uk listing says they stopped making these due to a lawsuit, yet there's models through the 80's and 90's. What gives? In fact I think some of the other S-models look a lot more like a Fender than the Spotlight. i.e. bolt-on neck, three single coil pickups, dot inlays, ect.

98.8% positive feedback out of 3,535. Sound like pretty good odds to me.

Clearly it's not in the same league as the Spotlight, but the idea of Epi+Strat intrigues me. Plus I returned that Goth G-400 I bought last weekend, so...

Awwww i thought you'd scored the spotlight :-({|= :-({|=

the epi strats are pretty much like any bog standard strat copies, but they do have nice necks though. However, those S series usually have plywood bodies.

I wish! Unfortunately I have to do annoying things like pay rent and bills.

I do sweat that guitar though. I think I need to start hitting up some pawn shops in my area. Ya never know what some crackhead may have pawned. =]

As it Happens, I bought my Spotlight in a Pawn shop for £100...never know what you are gonna find. [biggrin]

Archived