Gibson Brands Forums

Oh muh gawd

Silenced Fred

Dub- I love the part at about 7 minutes where he uses for the "backwards guitar solo", sounds so cool.

I'm leaning more towards the Line 6 Delay now though... 3 different selections.

My rationale, is this is what will sit on top of my amp and let me tweak and blow things up with the noise it creates, I am so torn! Both sound so cool, the Line 6 has more options, but this one has cooler stuff. I'll have to get my hands on both when I have the cash...

BTW, on an unrelated note, I was playing today with my band, and I was getting insane treble from the Fuzz Factory. Never used it at an actual gigging volume before and its almost unbearable... do you have the same experience? Or is it just me?

Which Line 6 pedal are you talking about? The DL4?

That seems to be everybody's main gripe about the Fuzz Factory. No tone knob.

Personally, I love a bright, trashy fuzz so I dig those settings with the drive way down but I don't think I've ever though it was too much treble. I seem to get a lot of treble but not harsh, piercing treble.

You can lower the stab a little to roll off some treble. Also if you have the gate set at about 3 o'clock or higher it will generally be pretty bright and you can kindof hear a little high octave in their. Lower the gate for less treble. If the drive is low it will sound brighter and less compressed.

What were your settings like?

Which Line 6 pedal are you talking about? The DL4?

That seems to be everybody's main gripe about the Fuzz Factory. No tone knob.

Personally, I love a bright, trashy fuzz so I dig those settings with the drive way down but I don't think I've ever though it was too much treble. I seem to get a lot of treble but not harsh, piercing treble.

You can lower the stab a little to roll off some treble. Also if you have the gate set at about 3 o'clock or higher it will generally be pretty bright and you can kindof hear a little high octave in their. Lower the gate for less treble. If the drive is low it will sound brighter and less compressed.

What were your settings like?

stab was high, gate was set pretty high, and the gain was high... damn [flapper]

Now I gotta tweak it again. Damn that pedal, its driving me insane!

I just sent you that little recording. It's pretty sloppy/ crappy because I didn't really record it with the intent of sharing it. I was just kinda making a note so I didn't forget it.

The fuzzy part is my SG into the SHO running into the Fuzz Factory. The other part is my Tele clean and sloppy.

Try not to pay too much attention to the tone. I was playing through my little solid state amp really quietly and I recorded that with my iPhone.

I just sent you that little recording. It's pretty sloppy/ crappy because I didn't really record it with the intent of sharing it. I was just kinda making a note so I didn't forget it.

The fuzzy part is my SG into the SHO running into the Fuzz Factory. The other part is my Tele clean and sloppy.

Try not to pay too much attention to the tone. I was playing through my little solid state amp really quietly and I recorded that with my iPhone.

I love that!

I'm thinking of giving my bassist my Swollen Pickle to use on some stuff, just blow the **** out of her amp, it would be godly

I like really fuzzy basses and cool trippy lines

Haha yeah it needs some fat beats and something else.

My drummer just got a Mustang bass. I'm gonna play it with some fuzz for sure.

Damn! I want one of those bad... what pickups are in there?

Bass and fuzz go hand in hand, just a given. Finally getting around to fixing my Big Muff too... I can't wait. I had an amazing practice today, but the bassist didn't show :(

I'm not sure what the pickups are called. They're pretty small with one picking up the E and A and one on the D and G (like on a P bass but different pickups). I have a feeling it will be really cool with my Torn's Peaker.

The only thing is my drummer thinks he can play bass and he wants to "help write songs" but he's been playing for like a month and he sucks. It's hard to tell someone they can't help write songs because they're not good. He's a great drummer but...

I'm not sure what the pickups are called. They're pretty small with one picking up the E and A and one on the D and G (like on a P bass but different pickups). I have a feeling it will be really cool with my Torn's Peaker.

The only thing is my drummer thinks he can play bass and he wants to "help write songs" but he's been playing for like a month and he sucks. It's hard to tell someone they can't help write songs because they're not good. He's a great drummer but...

yeah luckily me and the other guitarist write most of the songs, but the bass player hasn;t been showing up much... I'm pissed as ****.

I do love playing bass though, especially with fuzz and not necessarily playing "usual bass lines" if that makes any sense

Yeah that thing I sent you would sound pretty lame without the Fuzz Factory. Sounds kinda lame anyways though haha.

I love some coarse, splatty fuzz for bass. And yeah I never play "usual" bass parts mainly because I'm a guitarist not a bassist. I can tell that I'm not a good bassist.

Yeah that thing I sent you would sound pretty lame without the Fuzz Factory. Sounds kinda lame anyways though haha.

I love some coarse, splatty fuzz for bass. And yeah I never play "usual" bass parts mainly because I'm a guitarist not a bassist. I can tell that I'm not a good bassist.

I dug it. I'm working on some riffs that are almost pinback worthy, sound pretty cool. I'll see if I can capture them and send em off to you

I don;t know how some bassists aren't in the insane asylum with the lines they play... I'd lose it

Autumn of the Seraphs is my least favorite album. Not that it's bad I just don't think it's as good as the previous albums.

If it was the only album they ever released I'd love it but after hearing their other stuff I can't compromise.

I need to listen to more of their stuff. Its still a great album

Archived