Gibson Brands Forums

Bogota Columbia

duane v

[thumbup]

What a place, and the people are just great... Wish I visiting as a tourist.

Anywhoo the landscape and the food is just out of this world, and if you're a single guy, the ladies are just flat out gorgeous, ranks up the there with the women of Spain.

The Cosmos 100 hotel is the place to stay [thumbup][thumbup] ... every accommodation available.

That's one thing I usually forget to do when I'm traveling. Sample the local music scene.

Probably missed out on some good folk music and oom-pah-pah bands whilst in Bavaria last fall. [crying]

In Columbia they play a guitar like object called a tiple, (tee-play) with 10 strings. A double course, two triple courses, then a double course.

Any chance of you traveling some 200 miles down south? Women here are as prety and the food's better (but you will probably find lots of colombians in here anyway). [thumbup]

Only catch is you can't come here from there by car 'cause it's really dangerous over the border. [cursing]

Hope you have a great time, are you there for busniess?

Did you know that The United States was almost named "Columbia"?, named after Christopher Columbus. This is why Warshington is suffixed by D.C.

That the female figure 'Columbia' is the personification of The U.S., used in political cartoons to represent the U.S, much like Uncle Sam.

That some of the female figures on coins identified is 'Lady Liberty' are in fact 'Columbia?' If she has a crown, it's Lady Liberty. If she has a Phrygian cap, she's Columbia.

While Abraham Lincoln's actions helped end slavery in the U.S., he as well as others, felt that blacks and whites could not live together in harmony and offered to re-patriate ex-slaves to New Grenada so they could establish their own society and forge their own destiny. New Grenada is essentially Colombia.

The leaders of the black community rejected this idea.

Colombia is the only South American country to have a Pacific and an Atlantic coast?

Archived