Gibson Brands Forums

The Black Keys!

Grawbad

Where in the heck was I when someone started putting out real music again?

Anybody else like these guys? Someone told me to go home and listen to their very first album from 02, so I did.

Its raw. Its like the kind of album you would think no record exec would ever let it out the door these days.

Its "new" rock, but its old rock, its rock like I feel it should be today. I mean, this stuff is blowing my mind.

Could this album be....

Could it be....

Real Music?

Real music today?

I realize only two vid links can be posted but I am putting the entire album here so you can easily link to them all and see if any of it is good to you.

Its like these guys grew up in a time capsule and are just now being released upon the world and somehow the music industry didn't get its hands on them before it was too late. ROFL

Agree with me or not, but I had to share. Don't know how I missed this.

I set two of my faves to be embedded and the others to just links. On Breaks, get past the talking trust me.

Album: The Big Come Up

I'll Be Your Man

Breaks

Leavin Trunk

Them Eyes

I don't know where you have been, but the Black Keys are the best!

Any band with great drums and a fuzzed out bluesy guitar is alright by me. They are amazing in concert and they really play to the crowd.

They are finally starting to get what they deserve with Brothers getting some mainstream attention, but they seriously are one of the best bands out there right now. they also don't take themselves that seriously, they joke around and have fun. People wanted to kill them because they called Muscle Shoals some "concrete block".

Other than The Big Come Up, check out Attack and Release and Thickfreakness, IMO those are their two best albums, and The Rubber Factory has some amazing songs on it as well

Actually, just buy all their stuff [flapper]

I listened to a bunch of stuff before I fell asleep today and now I am listening again.

This stuff is amazing. Its like a revolution to my ears.

I am going to be picking up some of their stuff real soon. I imagine I will buy all of their records. I just noticed on Amazon that their first album is being re-released in 180g vinyl.

I literally haven't played a song that I didn't like.

I love this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZz4_x4tA0o

And this:

This is so crazy, I have yet to hear one that I didn't listen to all the way through.

I have all their stuff too. Excellent band. This is the song that me a fan...

IMHO, they sound way better live on their older stuff, his fuzz and technicque and solos get way better. It's too dialed back on some of the album songs, the live versions just rock the **** out of the place.

Brothers sounded better on the album.

Thickfreakness is one of my favorite songs, its a blast to play [thumbup]

I'll take it a step further, Fred. I don't really like the new stuff I've

heard as much. I'm glad to see they are getting some much deserved attention,

but Tighten Up has begun to get on my nerves. Still, I need to listen to the

whole album. I just love their old raw stuff so much.

I'll take it a step further, Fred. I don't really like the new stuff I've

heard as much. I'm glad to see they are getting some much deserved attention,

but Tighten Up has begun to get on my nerves. Still, I need to listen to the

whole album. I just love their old raw stuff so much.

I couldn't agree more. I'm glad that they got noticed, but even before 'Brothers' got out, together they made 2 million on tours. They were getting much bigger already. Tighten Up gets almost too much play on the radio. I enjoy te songs, but I do believe it's more like easy listening for me, but I can leave it in the car for driving around with ladies :)

These two songs stick out on thickfreakness for me. I like them all, but love those two.

I know that "Have Love, Will Travel" is a remake, but I listened to the other one and I think The Black Keys version is better, of course thats an opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zByEkP3Wsdc

Also my 1/1000 copy of "The Big Come Up" on 180g vinyl will be here today. :)

Can't wait.

Archived