Gibson Brands Forums

Some Post-Hanna Fresh Air

nid2007

Hanna hit us right between the eyes here in coastal SE New England.....she was pretty much spent by then. Just some wind and rain, not too scary or damaging, hereabouts. Ike looks to be a lot more threatening to those in his path. Godspeed to them.

Some Pacific tropical storm blew in over Mexico and met up with Ike somewhere over Oklahoma. It proceded up through Missour, Iowa, Illinois and points NE.

We got about 9 - 10 inches of rain Friday night through Sunday morning. I had to put a second sump pump in my basement to keep up with the water coming in. Had to do some vacuuming up of water, but it coulda been worse.

I am puzzled, perplexed, and somewhat miffed of reports of some Galvastinians who decided to 'ride-out' the storm on the island. The new story this a.m. said these people are "... angry that it took 3 days to get 'rescued'."

Darn... it folks you had a week's notice that it was gonna hit Texas, orders from the Mayor to "RUN! FOR YOUR LIVES, GET.... OUT..." and you still decided to stay? One nickle nubbin' even made the educated decision to stay, on the island, with her 3 year old!

I feel sorry for, and pray for all the people who've lost everything. I will go to the grocery store and buy a case of something to send that way. But, don't expect me to feel anger at the 'government' for your ill advised decision to do a deadly and dangerous thing without preparing for it. i.e. laying up a week's worth of water, food, medical supplies. It just defies common sense.

Archived