Gibson Brands Forums

Bumping the same elbow

duane v

We do tend to lose coordination as we get older. With me it's shoulders. I'm pretty

broad shouldered and I find lately I'm constantly clipping doorways and things. My

shoulder eye coordination must be off! [biggrin]

I am not clumsy but I do fail to fully avoid objects in my path sometimes.

When I was younger my mother used to ask me: you do know that you can't go through walls or furniture right?

I have found that those orthpaedic bands they sell for the forearm work great for avoiding tensing up the forearm and tiring of the elbow, it makes my hacking... I mean playing more comfortable for my strumming hand. I will have to try it on my fretting arm see what it does.

Over the last year or so, I find myself accidentally slamming my left elbow into everything [cursing][confused] .... Does anyone else have an issue with this???

Um, no I don't have an issue with you bumping your...... Ok, I'll stop being a smart alec. [biggrin]

At certain periods of my life.... Mostly toes [crying]

Nope, not accidently......."Falling" off buildings and bridges for me were not accidents !!!!!! Those days are over......I can't take certain meds or I'll sleep walk and do things, including bumping into things, so

I avoid most meds now too.....Playing guitars works as a cure all for me......As we get older, we do lose some coordination as Surfpup says.....Aging isn't fair or fun...........

Nope, not accidently......."Falling" off buildings and bridges for me were not accidents !!!!!! Those days are over......I can't take certain meds or I'll sleep walk and do things, including bumping into things, so

I avoid most meds now too.....Playing guitars works as a cure all for me......As we get older, we do lose some coordination as Surfpup says.....Aging isn't fair or fun...........

And it isn't for sissy's either!

In my psych class, we are talking about pavlov.

So do you feel like you are being rewarded when you bump your shoulder? Does your wife feed you after you bump your shoulder? because that is a reinforcer.

Unfortunately, no, she does not. I wish she would. That would be awesome!

(I never learned to salivate when the bell rang either though)

Archived