Gibson Brands Forums

It's not over yet...

daveinspain

Went to the rehearsal with the new bass player. It went surprisingly well... We got through 12 of the tunes. We'll go threw the other 6 tomorrow, Thursday, when we set up at the venue.... Then the day after tomorrow, Friday, we have the gig... [scared]

and..you have all these folks in gibson cycberspace rooting for you.

you never said what type of music or what type of show this is. are they covers or any origionals? who's band is it? who gets the gigs?

Great. Keep it fresh.

Is it the first gig? If so, go straight back to rehersal and put the wrongs right. Then get another gig.

I learnt a long time ago about too much rehearsal. It makes things stale.

Dave I'm rooting for ya and hope things work out. There's nothing quite as depressing as having your band fall apart after all the hard work.

The last band I was in was probably the best I'd ever played in. Great musicians (me not withstanding) and 2 lead vocalist that were so good we could do any type of music with terrific vocal harmonies. We worked hard at it for 5 years built up a nice following and played bigger and bigger gigs even writing some of own stuff but things slowly went south.

One of the lead singer's marriage was breaking up and he started to miss more and more practice. The original bass player left out of frustration and things just fell apart.

Here's hoping you guys can keep it together.

and..you have all these folks in gibson cycberspace rooting for you.

you never said what type of music or what type of show this is. are they covers or any origionals? who's band is it? who gets the gigs?

We do classic Rock from the 50s 60s and 70s and some current hits. We are also doing one of my original tunes which everyone loves... :-) The singers got the gig but it will be attened by mostly my people.... It's our third gig...

We do classic Rock from the 50s 60s and 70s and some current hits. We are also doing one of my original tunes which everyone loves... :-) The singers got the gig but it will be attened by mostly my people.... It's our third gig...

You have people? I've always wanted that too. [smile]

Archived