Gibson Brands Forums

Dreadnought Case

neilpanda

I've had one of these for 3 years or so. The lighter weight is nice, as are the large storage pockets, something hard cases don't have. Protection-wise, I feel that it's nearly as strong as a hard case, and actually better in one way because of the dense, impact-absorbing foam - the same stuff they use in helmets. For personal, non-gigging use, I think they're ideal.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GLDread-Lightweight-Dreadnought-Guitar-Case?sku=546102&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0&creative={creative}&gclid=CKee5pivuqcCFRRqgwodiT-***

$61 on Amazon.com

I got a MF dread case for my 12. Ain't bad at all.

You may want to measure body length, upper and lower bouts and overall length, etc., etc., depending on what brand you have. Another variable is neck angle.

It would be easier, for example, if you've an Epi or Gibbie or whatever so you'd know if it's a "standard" size for certain.

The one problem I had with MF was buying my dread case. I got the 12 used without a case.

A lady sales person answered the phone and I asked if she knew cases well. She acted as though I were a sexist jerk although I would have asked the same question of a male. No, she said of my model guitar, they had none that would fit - and sold me a gig bag.

While browsing MF a cupla weeks later I saw a review that noted the MF case worked perfectly for the particular guitar I needed a hard case for. So... I emailed MF, told them the problem. Got a call from a wheel of some sort. I got the case at an appropriate price and I'm pleased with it for the price, guitar and probable use for both.

m

Archived