Gibson Brands Forums

Saw Tommy Emmanuel tonight

Kiwi

So I saw Tommy Emmanuel tonight, what an incredibly skilled player! He had an entire band with him and they all played some songs together, but it was mainly him solo. I didn't really care for the overly emotional solos that the other guitarist did, but everyone in the band were fantastic singers [thumbup]

Top song of the night? Hmm... it's a tie between his legendary Classical Gas and a rendition of Sixteen Tons, which was a pleasant surprise since me and my friend listened to that exact song (by Tennessee Ernie Ford) on the drive over.

Also, the seats were amazing. We were two rows from the stage [biggrin]

(not my video, I shot one on my iPhone in awful quality)

I saw him in November. He was great. He makes u want to sell your gear and give up. I'll go again when he comes round.

True, true. You could actually gauge the number of guitarists in there by listening for something in the vein of "I give up, I'll never be as good as this guy" after the show :lol:

I usually never get involved in those discussions about who the best guitarist is, because there are a lot of great players and that's always pretty subjective, BUT:

I personally can't think of anyone who's better than Tommy Emmanuel. The guy is amazing.

Archived