Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Hero spinoff - now with REAL guitars

Kolera

Really? Real guitars with GH-like play-along user interfaces? It's new to me.

I'm actually considering buying this stuff just for the heck of it, so if you know any alternatives, please let me know.

Really? Real guitars with GH-like play-along user interfaces? It's new to me.

I'm actually considering buying this stuff just for the heck of it, so if you know any alternatives, please let me know.

Yeah, its mostly beta and demo **** though, nothing really so far.

Im sure it came out now, but it sucks.

I'd rather see plastic controllers plugged into a game console than a real guitar. We really don't need venue owners and audience members perceiving the guitar as a game. This actually alarms me a little.

I second this.

I half expected to open this thread and see a picture of an amp...

Now there's a novel concept, a real guitar into a real Amp. That's a game I could really get into. [thumbup]

there is a game. its being discussed on Fred's thread. Battle of the bands? Im sure thats somewhat of a game.

you know, real guitars, real amps, real drums, real basses, you get what I mean. but yea, if you dont like that game,

thats what the real thing is for!

there is a game. its being discussed on Fred's thread. Battle of the bands? Im sure thats somewhat of a game.

you know, real guitars, real amps, real drums, real basses, you get what I mean. but yea, if you dont like that game,

thats what the real thing is for!

It's not that I dislike the game, or that I don't want to play it. Like I said, it's the Audience Perception of the guitar I'm concerned with. Kids growing up seeing a Real Guitar plugged into a game could have adverse effects on the next few generations of Guitarists. As a performer, the audience's Perception is paramount. Right Now the younger Audiences perceive Live Music and DJ Music as relatively the same, making it much harder for a real band to get into smaller venues than it was in the 80's and early 90's when people generally thought they could listen to records at home, they go out for Live Music.

If we take that perception even farther and turn Guitar Music into "a game for kids to get over before the graduate High School" instead of "entertainment for Listening Pleasure" we might as well all buy Turntables and start Spinning.

To take your Battle of the Bands metaphor a little further, that's a Sport more than a Game. A serious Competition that happens to be a lot of fun. Guitar Hero (with Plastic Controller) is a game that Emulates the Sport.

Archived