Gibson Brands Forums

New pupil called Robert Johnson

Duende

Guest FarnsBarns

How cool is that?! Obviously there are a few things that are different like that he is white and English but those are mere trivialities! Lol

I'm guessing he's alive too! Now if he could find a deserted crossroads somewhere he can go at midnight. No, wait a minute in London you wouldn't hand your guitar to a stranger full stop, let alone in a deserted area at midnight!

I bet it's tough going through life with a famous name. It makes me think of the guy from the movie "Office Space" who was named 'Michael Bolton'. I know a guy named Jimmy Stuart, and he gets so tired of all of the 'George Bailey' references.

I think he should hang on to his name for performance. There were two Sonny Boy Williamsons after all, and both of them played harp. On the other hand, if he's from Deptford, he should change his name to Muddy Waters.

I think it would be a bit of fun to be called Robert Johnson and be able to play great blues! But you'd have to be good.................

And wasn't there another (fairly) famous Robert Johnson fron Memphis Tenn.? He was mentioned as having once owned one of the '59s in Yas Iwanade's 'The Beauty of the Burst' and, many years before that, he (and it) were referenced in Ian C. Bishop's 'The Gibson Guitar from 1950'.

P.

Archived