Gibson Brands Forums

(Not so) NAD

Riffster

I've been thinking of buying a versatile combo for practice and to easily carry around, play out on the deck, etc.

I bought a Fender Super Champ on CL for $200, the guy said it has 16 hours of play in it tops but he must have been talking "dog hours" because the amp has a lot of scuffs and has been around the block a few times.

Still, pretty good concept for a practice amp, one clean channel, one DSP channel with amp emulation and DSP effects by separate to use with either channel. All footswitchable, so a footswitch is on its way.

The clean channel is not really all tube, it is immediately evident to me that there is some form processing by the DSP to give it its clean voicing, still with some tweaking you can get a lot of tones for practice. I find the stock speaker ice-picky so I am adding a beam blocker of some sort.

Cool amp and it fits on a stand I already had.

I replaced the stock Sovtek 12AX7 with a USA Sylvania from the 60's and the amp gets a bit of a vintage vibe, I am going to try a Tung Sol in there and see what happens.

DSCF1480.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1478.jpg

How are the DSP effects?

Good enough, you have to find the sweetspots but for practice you can't beat this amp having it all in a single package.

A guitar, a cable and a switchfoot and you are in business.

Archived