Gibson Brands Forums

Bass Maple Fretboards?

MrNylon

So back to the OP's original post about maple fretboards you normally don't see...

16559b2c.jpg

753dd0be.jpg

795556b7.jpg

* Any similarity to any other instrument is purely coincidental. This is a purely fictitious instrument produced in photoshop as a pictorial concept....[biggrin]

So back to the OP's original post about maple fretboards you normally don't see...

16559b2c.jpg

753dd0be.jpg

795556b7.jpg

* Any similarity to any other instrument is purely coincidental. This is a purely fictitious instrument produced in photoshop as a pictorial concept....[biggrin]

I still want one.............................

I can only tell you that it doesn't involve a Gibson or a modification. It does involve a 20 fret , 30 1/2" scale neck through body and a hot rod double action truss rod with 2 - 24" graphite stiffening beams. [flapper]

And yet there is no thread or pictures....tsk tsk tsk....I update mine regularly....not that it gets that many views.... [crying]

Or did you start a thread?

EDIT: Nevermind....I just saw the pics....looking great as usual!!

Some more of my photoshop bass concept build. I have to say I am getting pretty good with the Adobe products. You can make some very life like phptps with,,,[biggrin]

I thought I would add a foot just for the "realism" aspect....

e823c38c.jpg

338ae281.jpg

I got interested in the "photoshop checkerboard binding I added and tried to do it in "the real world"....

06a616a6.jpg

229713c1.jpg

255fc723.jpg

Will keep working on my photoshop skills...[biggrin]

Archived