Gibson Brands Forums

Bass Maple Fretboards?

MrNylon

Would anyone like to see Gibson give a choice of fretboards? Maple, or Rosewood. I for one, would love to see a Maple fretboard as an option on a Gibson Bass.

I happen to e in the process of doing something very similar to this topic on a certain instrument that doesn't normally have a maple fretboard. That's all I can say about that...:unsure:

What are you up to Andy? Andy, put the sander down, now! =D>

I can only tell you that it doesn't involve a Gibson or a modification. It does involve a 20 fret , 30 1/2" scale neck through body and a hot rod double action truss rod with 2 - 24" graphite stiffening beams. [flapper]

I can only tell you that it doesn't involve a Gibson or a modification. It does involve a 20 fret , 30 1/2" scale neck through body and a hot rod double action truss rod with 2 - 24" graphite stiffening beams. [flapper]

Sounds like a Teli

It's an ANDY signature short scale bass.......I'd like to place my order now please...Cinnimon Burst, neck through, RR inlays, and signed by the builder......

Partly correct. Don't Rush me and Lemmy work on it [lol]

I would like to see Gibson use ebony on more guitars in the USA range. My brother-in-law has a Carvin with a mahogany neck and an ebony fretboard. It feels nicer than rosewood, IMHO. Its weird that you will see ebony boards on studios, but they wont put them on Standards [confused]

And here's another clue for you all.... The walrus was Paul...:rolleyes:

f83e9e28.jpg

I knew it was a Rick; I owned THREE of them; all were stolen.....Now, there are not enough swear words that I want to use now to say how COOL that looks....

WTF......I know it isn't done, but that looks so cool without knobs and stuff..............

I knew it was a Rick; I owned THREE of them; all were stolen.....Now, there are not enough swear words that I want to use now to say how COOL that looks....

WTF......I know it isn't done, but that looks so cool without knobs and stuff..............

Uh???? nooooooooooooo Not a Ric?! Ric?[confused]:unsure: Uh what's that?:mellow:

Uh???? nooooooooooooo Not a Ric?! Ric?[confused]:unsure: Uh what's that?:mellow:

I know I know [scared][lol] [lol] ........It is beautiful....I haven't been able to get a new bass like THAT one.....Hurts too much....

That is one beautiful " project " Andy............

Now this one, I really want to see. I love the looks, and the sound of the Rick. The neck always felt just a bit big for me. [cursing] Any way, very cool Andy.

Uh I still know nothing of this "Rick" fellow you speak of... :blink:[rolleyes]

Archived