Gibson Brands Forums

If Gibson brought back the faded standard......

TattooedCarrot

....I would buy one.

These things are through the roof now. They are fetching up to $2,000 USED.

A music store chain in Canada just commissioned a special run of plaintop satin faded traditional standards that people are stumbling over themselves about on other Les Paul related forums. Seems like a no-brainer.

Hey Gibson, forget Fireturds and similar misadventures and start making these again, your customers want them!!! Simple, traditional, marketable guitars that the used market shows people want to buy.

Here's one of the Canadian special run Traditional Faded models.

IMG_0061edit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! I wish they would start making Standard Fadeds again!

Every one I've ever played had this really organic woody feel with the faded finish and chunky neck.

Plus big fat tone with plenty of top end bite.

I'd love to get one of those Faded Traditionals.

I have a 2007 "cherryburst" one. It's more of a pumpkin orange color. It's not the most beautiful Les Paul.. but it's awesome in the tone and feel department!

DSC03906.jpg

DSC03907.jpg

I'm not in that boat.

I'm glad they discontinued them because Its rare these days to get your hands on a special run of guitars that only last a couple

of years. Bringing them back would tarnish all that........ for me [thumbup]

IMG_8915.jpg?t=1303161120

IMG_8909.jpg?t=1303161178

My first LP was a well-played plaintop Cherry Sunburst '83 Standard, no flame in sight, and a light (or maybe just worn over time) satiny feel to it. I still miss that guitar. Flametops are nice, but I like the blue collar feel of a smooth satin finish and plain woodgrain top too. I hope they do bring back the Faded Standard (and the 1960 reissue Classics as well.)

I'm not in that boat.

I'm glad they discontinued them because Its rare these days to get your hands on a special run of guitars that only last a couple

That gave me goosebumps. I played one of them in that dark burst with a flame top several years ago and can still feel the tingle in my fingers. At the time, I thought it was Gary Moore-ish in terms of looks... which I guess it still is. Surprisingly great tone and easy playability. Gibson has boasted that it listens to its customers... well, listen up, Gibson. Time to bring this back.

I'm not in that boat.

THIS is why I'd like to see them come back!

BEAUTIFUL guitar!

Archived