Gibson Brands Forums

NGGD

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest FarnsBarns

When you buy a Gibson your dealer has to return some paperwork to Gibson. In there is a questionnaire about you. If you are dashing, handsome, charismatic and talented enough, Gibson send you one. ;)

They have several levels, if you're really ugly and can't play, you get nothing. What did you guys get? [lol]

Guest FarnsBarns

I got nothing except what came in the case. Of course this 3 1/2 years ago and I ordered my LP over the phone from an On-Line dealer after he sent me several pictures of the beauty.

Did you take me seriously?

In reality, there were some problems and this was a gesture of good will.

When you buy a Gibson your dealer has to return some paperwork to Gibson. In there is a questionnaire about you. If you are dashing, handsome, charismatic and talented enough, Gibson send you one. ;)

They have several levels, if you're really ugly and can't play, you get nothing. What did you guys get? [lol]

I got a neat little amp from them when I bought my guitar.

Thanks Henry.

Snapshot2009-01-1508-39-38.jpg

Guess I'm ugly and can't play!!

Now I've wanted a GA5 for years, don't think they make em now. Wanna sell it? :)

No mine is not for sale. It gets used far too much for me to want to part with it.

Look around on craigslist and ebay.

Sometimes you can get killer deals there.

If you see one in a local shop though, don't pay more than a couple hundred.

I got mine for $375.00 (US) and I know I've seen them go for less than that.

I've also seen some dealers asking $999.00 for them.

Just goes to show ya' need to be a savvy buyer.

Archived