Gibson Brands Forums

A decision to regret

Enmitygauged

photo22.jpg

I had the pick guard put on the Standard man I regret it, :angry: Need a new DB to make up for it [unsure]

db.jpg

Do you prefer with or without?

You can't go wrong with that beauty. I looks great both without the pick guard!

Like always it's a personal choice I like pick guards on.

If not for the pick guard you might as well get a PRS then you get even prettier wood. [flapper]

With all due respect... I have not seen a PRS I liked as well as mine :)

YMMV

I have four LPs with pickguards, and four ( or more, I lose count ) without......I like the look without, but I do anchor my right pinky on pickguards whenever possible.....

The ONLY PRACTICAL answer is to get MORE Les Pauls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have them on everything but my Brockburst R9 and I know what you mean Chan I couldn't make myself drill it especially since it's a one piece top

1959-Brockburst-2007-1.jpg

I'm sure you have posted this pic before, but, oh my, the color, and that ONE PIECE TOP.....When Gibson does it right, well, they sure do !!!!!!!!!!

I have four LPs with pickguards, and four ( or more, I lose count ) without......I like the look without, but I do anchor my right pinky on pickguards whenever possible.....

The ONLY PRACTICAL answer is to get MORE Les Pauls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN straight

You can always take the gaurd off again. Only 2 wee little holes.

Remember, the guitars those were made to look like all came with gaurds on them, and the origionals without gaurds were because they took them off. You have the option of doing the same.

Life is good.

Archived