Gibson Brands Forums

Cool Epi on CL

sledge57

Looks a nice guitar, I really like that burgundy colour too, but that guy described it as an archtop, looks a flat to me.

It does look like a flat-top, doesn't it? However, everything I've been able to find on the HR Epiphone describes it as being an archtop. Some of the side views I've seen on this guitar do look like it has a subtile "bulge" to it.

A bunch 'o pics and some additional info can be found here:

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-49339-Gibson-Epiphone-HOWARD-ROBERTS-Archtop-Guitar

Jim

It does look like a flat-top, doesn't it? However, everything I've been able to find on the HR Epiphone describes it as being an archtop. Some of the side views I've seen on this guitar do look like it has a subtile "bulge" to it.

A bunch 'o pics and some additional info can be found here:

http://www.guitar-mu...-Archtop-Guitar

Jim

As you mention Jim, it is a subtle arch indeed, just couldn't notice it in the CL listing. I do like it, usual story though, lack of funds, btw the first $100 (+ shipping) is going on an Epi Uke, aloha my friend.

As you mention Jim, it is a subtle arch indeed, just couldn't notice it in the CL listing. I do like it, usual story though, lack of funds, btw the first $100 (+ shipping) is going on an Epi Uke, aloha my friend.

Do you mean that 'lil LP Ukulele? Man ... I want that one too! We sold the one we got in at the store within MINUTES and we haven't gotten one back in stock yet ... I want one in cherryburst! [biggrin]

Jim

Do you mean that 'lil LP Ukulele? Man ... I want that one too! We sold the one we got in at the store within MINUTES and we haven't gotten one back in stock yet ... I want one in cherryburst! [biggrin]

Jim

That's the one Jim, hence the aloha reference, lovely looking little unit, though searching for one on MF I found they sell those things from $19.99 (with gigbag also), talk about a cheap instrument.

Archived