Gibson Brands Forums

After Watching This, I Have Uncontrollable GAS For An EDS1275.................

Tman5293

I've watched this video repeatedly over the last few days and I have determined that I NEED an EDS1275!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7Vr3yQYWQ&feature=feedlik

So I went on Guitar Center's website to see how much it would cost me to get one of these beautiful guitars. After seeing the price for the Gibson EDS1275 I almost cried! There's absolutely NO way I'm getting a $3800 guitar any time in the foreseeable future. Then I went to look at the Epiphone EDS1275. Not only is the Epiphone set up exactly like Jimmy Page's, but it's priced fairly reasonably at $1100. So now I just have to scrounge up $1100. We'll see how well that works out. msp_cool.gifmsp_flapper.gif

Well I done with my rant. Carry on with your regularly scheduled Lounge business. msp_thumbup.gif

I heard G-1275's were plywood....However, if you play it and its nice and you don't care then it doesn't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy8REWpp_dM

[flapper]

The Gibbys are not plywood.........The Epi ones are.......There's a LONG thread on the Epi lounge about this.....

The Gibby is a good value if that guitar is what one needs or wants...........

The Gibbys are not plywood.........The Epi ones are.......There's a LONG thread on the Epi lounge about this.....

The Gibby is a good value if that guitar is what one needs or wants...........

Thats what I said. the G-1275 is the Epi. The EDS 1275 if the Gibby.

I've had a Epi. for 4-5 years now, and I love it..

Plays well, sounds good to me,

But, that being said, I am not playing in a stadium of people, nor am I a Professional either....

I personally have no need for the Gibby price

Or do I have the money to dispense as well... smiley-char042.gifsmiley-gen135.gif....

I like how you said you "need" one. [biggrin]

These had a sticker price of $3,100 two/three years ago. That meant, you could get them out the door for about/less than $2,500. You should be able to find a used one for around $2,000 - $2,400. They're boat anchors if you've never played one. 11 - 13lb range.

Archived