Gibson Brands Forums

Any tips for the SAT's?

dem00n

milod, i don't know what that is either! I'm Canadian!! :) We don't have anything like it....our Universities go on your average grades and extra-curricular activities and such, not a single test.

I actually do know what SAT's are....i was just being cheeky.

Scholastic Canadian Assessment Test?... [tongue]

Just cheat its how everyone else does it, I have learned that all your really have to do is cheat your way through life, its worked for some of the richest people in the world. So start writting all them answers on your arms and legs.

Don't worry about the SATs.

Dude, college is a big mistake for a creative nonconformist like you. I'm being serious here.

You have musical talent. Use that to get ahead in life instead of worrying about academia. Don't make the same mistake I did. Pursue your future, and do it on your own terms.

Mainstream institutionalized education is a ******* joke and all it will do for you is make you hate humanity, if you don't already.

Also, I got a 2020 (out of 2400) on the first try, and came in basically unprepared. Big whoop.

I agree, to hell with college... Just be prepared to be dirt poor the rest of your life if your musical career never pans out...

Extra time? Why? Are you ADD? Doesn't everyone get to use a PC to type up their essay?

The 'Science' portion, I'm told, is not about your science prowess. It's about reading comprehension. Even, if your scientific background disagrees with the text, answer the questions based on the text, even if you think the text is wrong. Or so I've been told... by an SAT preparation class teacher.

I would suggest getting a good night's sleep tonight and tomorrow night.

Eat a good breakfast, but nothing heavy.

Arrive 15 minutes early so you can so you can pick your desired seat.

Don't worry about it.

No, i dont have any disabilities. I guess the fact i have horrible handwriting is my disability. [lol]

I never had extra time for tests before in my life, weird.

I took SAT classes so im pretty much good, not much to study except the techniques i was told.

Thanks everyone :D

I agree, to hell with college... Just be prepared to be dirt poor the rest of your life if your musical career never pans out...

I really have no problem with living in poverty and dying young. I don't deserve any better anyway.

Sorry dem00n. My advice wasn't constructive.

I really have no problem with living in poverty and dying young. I don't deserve any better anyway.

Sorry dem00n. My advice wasn't constructive.

Dont say that. You have to look past your current obstacles, you have to see into the future. If you dont look at how great your life will be then you will never be happy, its all about perspective.

Your advice did help, i thought about the musician thing and id love to but its even worse than it was 100 years ago.

Thank you.

Dont say that. You have to look past your current obstacles, you have to see into the future. If you dont look at how great your life will be then you will never be happy, its all about perspective.

Your advice did help, i thought about the musician thing and id love to but its even worse than it was 100 years ago.

Thank you.

WOW!!!

Demon I must say you have grown up so much since I've been on this forum. I gotta feeling you'll do well in life. [thumbup]

Thank you.

You're looking at his opinion the wrong way. He's not stating he's not going to try, or that he doesn't think that he is capable of a great life. He's saying that if he succeeds "cool". If he doesn't succeed that is also cool. How will he never be happy if he is content with whatever life gives him?

I took SAT classes so im pretty much good, not much to study except the techniques i was told.

Thanks everyone :D

Someone else recommended this also... If you think you are good, you should takes some practice/sample exams... See how you do...

The best way to prepare for any exam is to practice actual possible test questions... Or maybe you have already done this...

Y'all youngsters are lucky, we didnt have the internet when I was young... Now you can probably go out there and get actual test questions from earlier exams...

But really college is a waste... So, whats the point..

You're looking at his opinion the wrong way. He's not stating he's not going to try, or that he doesn't think that he is capable of a great life. He's saying that if he succeeds "cool". If he doesn't succeed that is also cool. How will he never be happy if he is content with whatever life gives him?

Mabye so, not so sure. I'll have to see when he replies.

Someone else recommended this also... If you think you are good, you should takes some practice/sample exams... See how you do...

The best way to prepare for any exam is to practice actual possible test questions... Or maybe you have already done this...

Y'all youngsters are lucky, we didnt have the internet when I was young... Now you can probably go out there and get actual test questions from earlier exams...

But really college is a waste... So, whats the point..

From what i see, college is a waste if your learning things you already know or dont wanna learn. If your mind is open to what you wanna learn then college can be great. Its all in the person.

From what i see, college is a waste if your learning things you already know or dont wanna learn. If your mind is open to what you wanna learn then college can be great. Its all in the person.

Most of the entry level classes will be refreshers for most, you probably won't learn much until you get into higher level courses. Best advice I can give is to show up to class every day, do your damn homework, and don't wait to cram for exams and you'll do great. Get yourself some solid footing before you hit the party scene.

Actually I was being sarcastic... I have two masters degrees, one in math and the other in statistics... Although, sometimes my job really sucks... I make 100k+ a year (and thats in Arizona) and I can pretty much afford any instrument my heart desires...

As far as music, I am a weekend warrior.. I play in a jazz band that does pretty well gigging and I love to attend the local blues jams...

Do I regret not pursuing music... Heck no ...

Its a tough world out there, and making lots of money is hard to do ... But one thing I can tell you... If you are good in things that take a lot of hard work and intelligence... You will find a lot of money and a lot of security... I am living proof...

I don't know how it works over in the US, mainly cos i dont understand what the SAT's are...

but here in AUS, unless you start off through an apprenticeship or somethin of the sort, pretty much everything requires a degree of some sort, it sucks majorly.

In high school our final exam is the HSC, which gives you an ATAR which gets you into University (if you manage to reach the ATAR required for your course) otherwise you have to take the long road to UNI. There is so much effort just to get a well paying job.

Also i live in a small coastal town, my only hope of getting out of it and earning some good money was through UNI.

And its killing me right now...First year and im struggling.

I'm sure you'll be fine though with however you approach your SAT's. You'll manage to get where you want eventually. [biggrin]

I really don't understand the US school system. haha [laugh]

For those that don't know what were talking about the SAT and the older ACT are national college entrance exams and the score does matter. If your really high scholastically in high school or a talented athlete colleges chase you sometimes relentlessly. if not the application process can be brutal just because the number of students that apply for each program versus the number of slots available.

Your score is even more important if your not wealthy because the score is used to determine eligibility for quite a bit of financial assistance like scholarships and grants.

For those that think it's critical in 2005 the last census that collected the specific data the average starting salaries in the US were as follows and trust me the numbers are only getting more disparate now.

No High School Diploma ($14,349) High School Diploma ($23,233) Associate Degree ($31,684) Bachelor's Degree ($45,648) Master's Degree ($56,958)Doctorate Degree ($87,644)

And raises are 40% higher for college graduates on average

The skills you learn in college about how to learn are more important than specific knowledge learned so even courses that don't make sense are important as they build to future success. The first year or two are more basic to make sure everybody is on the same track.

--------

The biggest danger in the first couple years are all the distractions, specially female distractions and a percentage of them are majoring in husband so stay focused :unsure:

Archived