Gibson Brands Forums

New Pedal Day

djroge1

I placed my name on the wait list for a Tim pedal a while back and it arrived in the mail yesterday. I understand what all the hype is about. This is an excellent pedal for my purposes. I'm not a super high gain/heavy distortion player but I think this will get pretty high gain (I've not had it long enough to tell yet).

I can get pretty close the the overdrive sound of my Ceriatone Over Tone Special which is basically a clone of a dumble amp. I want a pedal that is close in sound to the OTS because I love that sound but I don't always use that amp.

I only had about an hour last night to play with it but so far it is excellent. Very transparent allowing the sound of the guitar and amp to come thru.

I keep hearing about this "Tim" pedal! What is it/are they, and where

does one get them? Sorry, I live in the deprived/depraved, central Mid-West.

CB

They are made by a guy named Paul Cochran out of Tennessee. He makes a Tim and a Timmy. The Timmy is smaller (less expensive) and only the overdrive part of the Tim.

Tim has overdrive and boost. The Tim cost $169. This is by far the most I ever paid for a pedal and probably ever will. My suggestion is the check out this video and a couple of others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eEVjtOwEK8

They are made by a guy named Paul Cochran out of Tennessee. He makes a Tim and a Timmy. The Timmy is smaller (less expensive) and only the overdrive part of the Tim.

Tim has overdrive and boost. The Tim cost $169. This is by far the most I ever paid for a pedal and probably ever will. My suggestion is the check out this video and a couple of others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eEVjtOwEK8

Thanks, dj...I appreciate the info.

CB

Archived