Gibson Brands Forums

Garfield Burst!!

Rokkstar 2210

I'm wondering if Gibson could commemorate Garfield( Don't we all love that fat cat [lol] ) by releasing a Garfield Burst Les Paul??

I photoshopped an LP to get the colour (it was an R9..sorry R9 owners!! [tongue] )..and it looks gorgeous (from a Garfield Special Lasagna point of view [lol] )

What do you guys think??

I saw an LP the other day that had a certain garfield look to it. I opened this post up thinking you were commenting on that one.

I think it was Tehbeast who saw in a shop a Les Paul which was re-painted by some luthier, and it looked like a Garfield Finish; Large orange tiger stripes......

just putting up the finishing touches guys...pics coming up in a few hours( gotta go shopping with mom first ) [biggrin]

Chips and beer !!!!!!!! We're out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [drool]eusa_pray.gifeusa_clap.gif ......

I think it was Tehbeast who saw in a shop a Les Paul which was re-painted by some luthier, and it looked like a Garfield Finish; Large orange tiger stripes......

I did but I wouldn't say its really Garfield. Can't post pics now cause I'm on my phone but you can just google "tom morgan les paul"

Chips and beer !!!!!!!! We're out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [drool]eusa_pray.gifeusa_clap.gif ......

Hey, Fellow Baby.

I really like yer little cat, american idle. Sometimes I wanta just go all rock n roll with my imaginary 50 cal. too.

I can't always be a little ray of sunshine, overtherainbo

59_BOTB_Burnt_Orange_Teaburst_99958_1.jpg

well..this is Burnt Orange teaburst...but my Garfield Burst is a replica of it [biggrin]

Ah, Rokkstar, indeed, some of Gibson's finishes these days are so well done; I have always hated the " classic red honeyburst ".....ugg...

Their " Cinnamon bursts " are beautiful..............

Thanks for the re-post Tehbeast........To me, it looks like a Garfield L.P.

Some may find it too busy, I love it........

yep, its much more beautiful in person. if I ever come across one again I will definitely try to get my hands on it!

TehBeast.. It kinda looks it...but I feel its a bit too Garish to be Garfield's signature guitar (if that cat ever stopped sleeping to play one [flapper] )..Guitar Of the Week..oh you mean (Guitar of the Freak!! [flapper] ) totally cause it looks kinda weird..those stripes

damian...totally agree with you..This finish (Burnt Orange Teaburst and Sunset Orange Burst) are the best on the R9s...wish they came on 339s and Trads too [unsure]

Archived